Seasoncard - 2021/22

Thought technology was meant to improve things not complicate simple existing processes. The race to look efficient is having the opposite effect in reality. 2 years too early on this City. But I suppose whoever initiated this will think they're wonderful; a forerunner and innovative and will get a big pat on the back of the Game of Thrones T shirt. After the first month of abject chaos that is.

It just totaly pisses me off,that i will have to download and install this google pay

I just don't want to have to input my card details into their system,its not fear of theft ( well a bit ),it just pisses me off we are going to be forced into something i don't want,the option,printing at home,i dont have nor want a bloody printer.

there's every chance i'm wrong...

but i dont think you do need to input card details. i have google pay, used it for the everton game and have no linked debit / cradit card etc

While I agree with much of your post, the above paragraph is incorrect. The old seasoncards used NFC, via a chip, not barcodes. It always amused me to see people stick the cards into the barcode readers, when there was no use in doing this.
I always assumed the NFC reader and the barcode reader were both inside the yellow slot.

Are you telling me that after all these years there was an NFC reader on the outside as well?

there's every chance i'm wrong...

but i dont think you do need to input card details. i have google pay, used it for the everton game and have no linked debit / cradit card etc
i think someone replied to me a few weeks ago about that
said you have to input your card details but can after delete it
i aint happy doing the first thing anyway.

I always assumed the NFC reader and the barcode reader were both inside the yellow slot.

Are you telling me that after all these years there was an NFC reader on the outside as well?
Yes.You could hold your card near the barcode reader on the outsdie and it would work. Usually. That's the whole point about it being NFC.

I don't understand why Supporter Services are saying that physical cards have not been agreed to when City's own T's &C's mention electronic card with print at home being the exception to using the electronic card. This suggests the default options are mobile ticket or electronic card!

"“Season” 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022;
“Seasoncard” the mobile ticket, electronic card or other product such as a print at home or printed ticket in the exceptional circumstances where a mobile ticket cannot be used or electronic card cannot be reprinted (and any replacement thereof) issued to each Seasoncard Holder in respect of the Season which, amongst other things, admits the Seasoncard Holder into the Ground at Matches which form part of such Seasoncard Holder’s Seasoncard Benefits!

i think someone replied to me a few weeks ago about that
said you have to input your card details but can after delete it
i aint happy doing the first thing anyway.
Yeah you need to input one initially but once set up you can then remove the payment card should you wish.

I don't understand why Supporter Services are saying that physical cards have not been agreed to when City's own T's &C's mention electronic card with print at home being the exception to using the electronic card. This suggests the default options are mobile ticket or electronic card!

"“Season” 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022;
“Seasoncard” the mobile ticket, electronic card or other product such as a print at home or printed ticket in the exceptional circumstances where a mobile ticket cannot be used or electronic card cannot be reprinted (and any replacement thereof) issued to each Seasoncard Holder in respect of the Season which, amongst other things, admits the Seasoncard Holder into the Ground at Matches which form part of such Seasoncard Holder’s Seasoncard Benefits!
And they could of told us before renewing about all of this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.