Harry Kane

I think we agreed that you'll have a striker who is neither worth 160m to you or to us leading your line.

Levy is chancing his arm, and more power to his elbow, but he must be smoking crack if he thinks we're paying that.

With no Kane (but with Sterling, Foden, Jesus, or Torres playing there) we'll still be the leagues highest scorers by quite a distance (as we also have KDB, Mahrez & Gundogan).

With or without Kane you're going to be really strugglung for a top 4 place (which you'll have to take from either us, Chelsea (the European Champions), a Utd team that has strengthened in key areas, or Liverpool (probably the most ripe).

But thats assuming that you can finish above Leicester, Villa, Everton et al (I'm not mentioning Arsenal as I think you'll finish above them whatever).

And that is why Harry wants to leave.

i agree with everything you say except that I think we are a little better than you think.

I mistakenly thought that infrastructure projects, like the our nice new stadium, were not covered by FFP.
My understanding:

Capital costs for infrastructure projects are excluded from FFP.
Interest payments incurred on loans for infrastructure projects are only excluded during construction.
Once your new stadium was opened and revenue-earning then subsequent interest payments counted towards FFP.

Sooo... is it day 3 of no training today??

Some of the reports yesterday were saying that Spurs are expecting him back at the weekend. If that's true its the strangest/most considerate footballer strike I can remember. ''I'm on strike... until Saturday. Sorry for the inconvenience''. Maybe Kane is hoping City can reach an agreement with Spurs before then so he doesn't have to go back, but it all seems very strange.

Personally, if we do walk away because Levy plays hardball (and we have form for walking away from ridiculous deals) I'll find it funny. Spurs will be left with an unhappy talismanic depreciating player. We will still fight for the title, and probably sign someone else (probably not as good as Kane but still good enough)

Of course, I would always concede to a City fan when it comes to FFP. You, of course, are the world champions in this field. I mistakenly thought that infrastructure projects, like the our nice new stadium, were not covered by FFP.
Repayments will be coming out of the clubs income will they not ?

Neville and now Redknapp both now saying Kane should stay and City will have to meet levys valuation or not get him.

I hope we pull out, not having our club held to ransom by the media, they hate us.

160m is nonsense in this market but to be fair to Spurs, Arry is worth 160m to them
He really isnt.

They won't qualify for the CL, which means that he falls into the 1m quid per place between 5th and 17th only.

Thats a maximum of 13m quid a season. He's 28. Will probably play until he's 34.

So even if he plays a key role for them during all that time, he' s probably worth 78m quid tops.

They haven't won anything in ages, so forget other competitions, and it's not like he's a significantly larger marketing tool than any replacement they could get.

So that's maybe an additional 15-20m quid in prize money and marketing.

Minus the astronomical wage difference between him and a replacement (perhaps 30m quid @ 100k per week over 5 years) and you're looking at his actual worth to Spurs being somewhere like 70m tops.

They should be biting our hands off, but like the previous poster said, that Trump style 'Art of the Deal' bullsh*t is no way to negotiate.

Looks great, but its counterproductive.

Ask Napoli's owner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.