Harry Kane

Maybe? Who knows? You are clearly on the inside.

It has been pointed out by the few wise men/women on here that there is a problem with FFP if you buy him and the lovely Jack. And that is why the deal will collapse.

So, in short, you cant afford him

What you know about ffp you could write on the back of a stamp!

Maybe? Who knows? You are clearly on the inside.

It has been pointed out by the few wise men/women on here that there is a problem with FFP if you buy him and the lovely Jack. And that is why the deal will collapse.

So, in short, you cant afford him
There seems to be a view amongst other football fans that if you strip out any funding by the the owner, City still only have the revenue of a mid table club (hence, can't afford things really). However, does nobody understand how much revenue continually winning the league and going deep into the CL brings in (both in prize money and TV revenues)? How this then reflects on the value of sponsorships? How canny our management team have been in leveraging that when negotiating deals?

This was a project to invest initially to get to a point where the revenue from these sources makes it self-sustaining. Everyone seems to think it's still 2008!

Last edited:
Has it really ? Yet spurs can spend freely ,service the debt without selling. Well done.

Of course, I would always concede to a City fan when it comes to FFP. You, of course, are the world champions in this field. I mistakenly thought that infrastructure projects, like the our nice new stadium, were not covered by FFP.

I agree but you can't afford him.

I've seen this shift on Spurs forums and vlogs.

Levy doesn't want to sell Kane, so whatever price is circulating is designed to deter not to entice and is in no way linked to the "real" value of the player, whatever "real" value means. Besides it's immaterial, no one is interested in the price of a commodity not for sale, in such circumstances talk of a price is pointless.

But that's not the real issue.

Spurs is a very poorly run club and that's very much wrapped up in Levy's character.

There is much talk about Levy's personality, tough negotiator and so on, as if this is somehow laudable, it isn't. The best negotiations give all parties something of what they want. The art of the deal, red in tooth and claw, macho alpha male bullshit is for the Trumps and Levys of this world, it might be celebrated on TalkSport, but it's for silly weak men you don't deal with again, if you can possibly help it.

Levy looks like a poor actor, a frightened little fellow cast in the role of a powerful man, in a plot that's not to his liking, he comes across as petrified of being exposed as out of his depth, so he hides behind a cartoon hard man persona. This Kane shit show is of Levy's own making, a product of his own inadequacy, he raised hopes and fell short, he made promises to his main man and now he's reneged.

City are merely a spectator.

You have a weak man in Kane, who for all his football skills can fuck off as far as I'm concerned, and a weak man in Levy, out of his depth and flailing. It's a poorly scripted, miscast soap opera, very Spursy, the same sorry tale of disappointment and failure, over and over again, and you're welcome to it.

The real lesson from all this is a compare and contrast. Manchester City, a well run trophy generating machine and fur coat and no knickers Spurs, a dysfunctional family up to their armpits in debt, and unable to pay the mortgage on their new flash pad.

Last edited:
We could replace the one out of these four who has a bad season.

I don't understand why it is so fantastical. We have done it on several occasions recently. After all we agreed that we'll have a £160m striker that you cant afford leading our line...
I think we agreed that you'll have a striker who is neither worth 160m to you or to us leading your line.

Levy is chancing his arm, and more power to his elbow, but he must be smoking crack if he thinks we're paying that.

With no Kane (but with Sterling, Foden, Jesus, or Torres playing there) we'll still be the leagues highest scorers by quite a distance (as we also have KDB, Mahrez & Gundogan).

With or without Kane you're going to be really strugglung for a top 4 place (which you'll have to take from either us, Chelsea (the European Champions), a Utd team that has strengthened in key areas, or Liverpool (probably the most ripe).

But thats assuming that you can finish above Leicester, Villa, Everton et al (I'm not mentioning Arsenal as I think you'll finish above them whatever).

And that is why Harry wants to leave.

Surely it is in Spurs' interests to sell so that they can rebuild their squad? No idea if this Italian central defender is any good but they need to make 2-3 stop signings and get Kane out of the club now. The last thing Spurs need is the central figure of their squad continually being linked with moves out of the club.

Levy miscalculated and now he must pick up the pieces. T

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.