Harry Kane

i agree with everything you say except that I think we are a little better than you think.
For me it looks like you have a 35 year old keeper, no defence to speak of, a midfield made up of players who either creative and lightweight, robust and limite din creativity, or just plain undisciplined and some attackers who everyone recognises are useful (who doesnt love Son?) but who can't do a thing playing with the mediocrity that you maintain in midfield and defence.

Thats pretty much my assessment of your squad.

I've seen this shift on Spurs forums and vlogs.

Levy doesn't want to sell Kane, so whatever price is circulating is designed to deter not to entice and is in no way linked to the "real" value of the player, whatever "real" value means. Besides it's immaterial, no one is interested in the price of a commodity not for sale, in such circumstances talk of a price is pointless.

But that's not the real issue.

Spurs is a very poorly run club and that's very much wrapped up in Levy's character.

There is much talk about Levy's personality, tough negotiator and so on, as if this is somehow laudable, it isn't. The best negotiations give all parties something of what they want. The art of the deal, red in tooth and claw, macho alpha male bullshit is for the Trumps and Levys of this world, it might be celebrated on TalkSport, but it's for silly weak men you don't deal with again, if you can possibly help it.

Levy looks like a poor actor, a frightened little fellow cast in the role of a powerful man, in a plot that's not to his liking, he comes across as petrified of being exposed as out of his depth, so he hides behind a cartoon hard man persona. This Kane shit show is of Levy's own making, a product of his own inadequacy. He raised hopes and fell short. He made promises to his main man and now he's reneged.

City are merely a spectator.

You have a weak man in Kane, who for all his football skills can fuck off as far as I'm concerned, and a weak man in Levy, out of his depth and flailing, it's a poorly scripted, miscast soap opera, very Spursy, the same sorry tale of disappointment and failure, over and over again, and you're welcome to it.

The real lesson from all this is a compare and contrast. Manchester City, a well run trophy generating machine and fur coat and no knickers Spurs, a dysfunctional family up to their armpits in debt, and unable to pay the mortgage on their new flash pad.
It’s why they struggle to attract real talent and will continue to so do, whilst he’s in charge. At least 4 players thought they had an ‘agreement’ with the chairman and all 4 have been shat on by the toughest negotiator in town. Now a six year contract might be an enticement for a jobbing footballer but there won’t be a any marque signings going there, knowing that there’s no way out, no matter what the circumstances and even if the chairman has ‘given you his word’.

It's amusing these sort of transfers as pundits and fans of other clubs totally contradict themselves.

City are ruining football they can spend whatever they want

City can't afford him ( We clearly can without ffp restrictions we could buy anyone we wanted )

City can't buy him due to ffp restrictions.

Wahhh wahhh fucking wahhh.

Some of the reports yesterday were saying that Spurs are expecting him back at the weekend. If that's true its the strangest/most considerate footballer strike I can remember. ''I'm on strike... until Saturday. Sorry for the inconvenience''. Maybe Kane is hoping City can reach an agreement with Spurs before then so he doesn't have to go back, but it all seems very strange.
I suspect an agreement has been reached with the player, as in he is now at peace with the figure Spurs will sell at. He understands he needs to rebuild bridges whether he stays or goes. The other factor is the opponents on day 1, having him unfit regardless of what club he may be representing on the day is probably the wisest move for all concerned.

I really believe Spurs are comfortable in the situation they find themselves in, they will be delighted to keep the player or take the money at full asking price. Anything less isn't worth it, for context Spurs made £61m for reaching the last 16 of the CL in 2020, Arsenal made £17m for reaching the last 32 of the Europa league. Harry Kane's worth to Spurs is right there, without him that £17m figure is the target, with him it's the £61m figure. Keeping him for 5 years and achieving that is worth £200m. With the squads City, Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool have the top 4 is a closed shop if this deal happens, the only hope is every penny received is invested wisely. History suggests it won't be so the smart move is to retain the player.

Gary Neville an opinion on everything.Never has a solution to the problem he has an opinion on.

The same Gary Neville who gave Kane that end of season interview platform for him to basically state his intention to leave. Neville lapped it up and boosted his profile of the back of it. The guy is a hypocrite. Showed his true rag self during the 'Glazer out' protests.

I’d be less concerned about whether we can afford him or not than the fact your best player wants to leave you. Joining the long list of best players who have left you since you last won anything of note.
Ossie Ardiles
Glenn Hoddle
Chris Waddle
Paul Gascoigne
Teddy Sheringham
SOL CAMPBELL
Dimitar Berbatov
Gareth Bale
Luka Modric
Christian Eriksen

Come on Daniel, don't go breaking Spurs tradition...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.