Harry Kane

*The Bosnian Diamond likes this*

image.jpg
Awwww I love Edin

They could go for Lautaro Martínez as a replacement and we'll get him in a few years once he's used to English football

No problen and hi :)

I accept top 4 is unlikely this season, but I wouldn't say we have no chance, it's sport after all and we only missed out by 7 points. It's not huge ground to make up. Just have to wait and see what happens. Arsenal and Leeds don't worry me, Villa, Leicester and Everton potentially do. Let's see how much we've strengthened by end of August.

I think Kane brings alot sponsorship wise, being England captain and all. He's not a Neymar for sure but Haaland won't be either by the looks of it lol

I agree it may not be reasonable to bid the amount Spurs deem he is worth, which is why maybe the deal won't happen.

We have to wait and see. I reckon most likely is a compromise deal. I'm surprised that Kane has gone as far as he has so I think it's untenable.

Have you had a chance to watch Haaland up close? He's terrifying mate, he will be an icon. Every second against Dortmund he looked dangerous. Even though Kane is absolutely class, most would much prefer him to Kane, it says a lot.

It's not a victory, but Spurs may figure that Kane's goals and assists make CL qualification much more likely than if we sell him (which is obvious). So the offer needs to reflect that. We had an awful season last year but still missed out on CL by a matter of points. We couldn't defend leads was our major issue. We aren't a million miles away from getting CL this year but of course it will be very tough and we are outsiders.

The debt is completely servicable and is over many many years, the stadium pays it off, that has nothing to do with Kane's situation. We aren't a hard up club being forced to sell our prized asset on the cheap.
You missed out on the CL by a matter of points hey, I think you'll find everyone who didn't qualify did the same :)

Hey everyone,

Spurs fan here in peace. Been following this thread the last few days and it's been interesting to read the views (minus the insults obviously).

Just wanted to put a few things straight which I think seems to be misconceptions. Spurs aren't skint, we have just spent 50 million on a CB and are looking at signing another 4 or 5 players on top of this still to come, including a striker as back up / to play with Kane, not as an immediate replacement. This isn't money being spent in expectation of selling Kane. If we did sell him, we'd then have the Kane money on top of the existing business we are planning to do this window.

With regards to the Kane valuation, City and other clubs may not value him much higher than say 120 million, I'd say his true value is closer to 150, especially if Lukaku goes for what he looks like going for. But it's his value to Spurs which needs to be considered, and that is pretty much irreplacable, or as close to it as we can get. So the idea that we'd sell him for a knock down price just isn't realistic.

From what I gather, City would need to bid 150 million just to get Levy to the table. And we'd be looking for somewhere between 150 - 200 million to sell him this window. With three years on his contract, and a legacy to protect, Kane isn't going to do anything more than he's already done to push for a move. He may hand in a transfer request, but that won't change Spurs position.

From what I understand, City's last offer was worth 100 million and that was made up of players like Sterling being valued at 70 million, plus 30 mill in cash which Spurs rightly rejected outright.

Sending players the other way won't work because either Spurs don't want them, the players won't want to join, we can't afford their wages, or we simply have other preferred targets for those positions. Only a cash bid is going to work.

I just don't see City bidding 150 million (minimum) to sign Kane, but even that may not be enough. I believe we may want closer to 170 - 200. Nobody knows the magic number, it could be 160...but yeah I'd be amazed if we sold for less.

Next summer we would still get 100 mill for him if it came to it and who knows, in the meantime his goals and assits may help us reach top 4.

We know Kane wants to go, frankly a lot of fans now want him to go too after his strike and it was an unauthorised extension to his holiday (i'd rather keep him because he's quality), but I just don't see how this deal happens unless City throw an incredible amount of money at us. If he stays, he will get on with it, he's a pro and it's world cup year, so he will get his head down and Levy knows this.

So this stuff about we should be grateful if you bid 120 million for him just doesn't add up. We hold all the cards, and Levy knows it. He seems to be saying he's not for sale at any price, and then for us to be tempted, it needs to be an obscene amount of money.

If City aren't even close to our valuation now, not sure I see it happening.
Spurs are dog muck

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.