Tokyo 2020 Olympics/Paralympics

That was a fairy tale ending to a tough couple of weeks for Jason Kenny. It was looking like an Olympics too far for him, then he produces a stunning, winning, inspirational performance like that.
Joyous! That should get him Sports Personality of the Year as well - our greatest Olympian.

(Pity that he'll have Rashford to contend with!)

They're desperate to get the emotions, as if they emotions in the sport aren't enough. Does my head in. Every sport turned into an X Factor style emotional backstory. Might as well bring Dermot O'Leary in to do an overly long pause before announcing the winner of the boxing and then play Westlife over the top of it.
As much as I love watching the olympics, the backstory behind every medal was grating. Every single one followed by tale of 'overcomming adversery' or something. Sacrifices, injuries/poor health/operations, beravement, lockdown, 'shedding blood, sweat and tears' etc...basicaly every day life that we all go through.
But that aside, I loved every minute of this olympics like I always do. Well done team GB.

That was a fairy tale ending to a tough couple of weeks for Jason Kenny. It was looking like an Olympics too far for him, then he produces a stunning, winning, inspirational performance like that.
Joyous! That should get him Sports Personality of the Year as well - our greatest Olympian.

It's a nice sentiment, but I suspect this is the year of Peaty, maybe Scott.

I mean, Peaty is arguably the most dominant sportsperson in their respective field on the planet.

There's also the potential for Lewis Hamilton as always, if he wins a record 8th world title (but I doubt he'd get the popular vote).

Excellent games overall for GB. Great to see such diversity in where our medals came from, that's rarely the case.

We've become a force in the swimming, triathlon has seen a new generation step forward, absolutely dominated the entire bmx events, plenty of boxing medals without having many if any overwhelming favourites, shown a lot of promise in gymnastics, had some success in athletics where we didn't expect despite our star athletes suffering injuries and continued to lead the way in the more regular podium producing events such as in thr velodrome and horsey dancing.

To get that medal haul when our most heavily funded event failed so spectacularly in the rowing is very very impressive and encouraging for the future.

Let's just hope a lot of the lesser events get adequate backing off the back of these games and we don't have to have Olympic gold medalists crowd funding their trip to Paris in 3 years.

My moment of the games. Unbelievable. He hasn't got the top speed of others but his stamina remains and it was a tactical masterclass. Kept the Aussie checking by looking over his shoulder, left a gap to the derny and then exploded. The Aussie deserves a beer for not reacting. Beautiful.

The Tom Daley win and two BMX golds are up there too.

The Kenny's have 12 golds between them. Britain won 11 golds in total across the 88, 92 and 96 games.

It's a nice sentiment, but I suspect this is the year of Peaty, maybe Scott.

I mean, Peaty is arguably the most dominant sportsperson in their respective field on the planet.

There's also the potential for Lewis Hamilton as always, if he wins a record 8th world title (but I doubt he'd get the popular vote).
Had to look up the name Scott to see to whom you were referring there, so if I’m anything to go by, no chance for him.
Peaty I could see. Hamilton too. What about Knitting Tom, in with a shout maybe?
I’ll be disappointed if any of the show ponies from football, cricket or rugby union get a look in.
Personally I’d like to see a non- Tokyo Olympian win it, Mark Cavendish, but ain’t gonna happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.