Tokyo 2020 Olympics/Paralympics

As much as I love watching the olympics, the backstory behind every medal was grating. Every single one followed by tale of 'overcomming adversery' or something. Sacrifices, injuries/poor health/operations, beravement, lockdown, 'shedding blood, sweat and tears' etc...basicaly every day life that we all go through.
But that aside, I loved every minute of this olympics like I always do. Well done team GB.
The media love this shite though. I remember when my sister got her judo black belt, the local newspaper wanted to do a story because she was the first woman to get it. When the article came out, we read about how she "overcame a life threatening illness" to become a black belt. She'd had her appendix out the previous year.

It's a nice sentiment, but I suspect this is the year of Peaty, maybe Scott.

1_3_216830_1621066001_01729_fav.jpg

Well now that the Olympics have finished, I guess the house in the village that has been flying the Olympic flag upside down all the way through, will now take it down !

What is it with the British that dont know the right way up with flags ?!

Well now that the Olympics have finished, I guess the house in the village that has been flying the Olympic flag upside down all the way through, will now take it down !

What is it with the British that dont know the right way up with flags ?!
They keep draping them over their shoulders the wrong way up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.