Climate Change is here and man made

Your WW2 example -where was the global cooling event during the Vietnam War in the 1960s and 70s -when the USA dropped almost 4 times as much ordinance as on all sides during WW2 on Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia?

My point is that Policy is being dictated by our Generation of useless Politicians on the worst possible case Climate scenario Models. Why? Because suddenly they have realised that the Taxing possibilities of this are endless. When will Climate Change ever be “fixed?”

We are attempting to Fix Climate Change on the basis of reducing CO2 emissions -which is a false dawn in my view -as CO2 emissions are a minuscule part of an equation we are nowhere near understanding. I’m not dismissing attempts to reduce this but the let’s stop this lie about fixing Climate Change that’s become part of Political discourse.

It’s irrelevant how many tonnes were dropped. It’s the size of an individual bomb and secondary effects such as fires caused are what dictate the environmental effect. What had the greater impact on the environment, the atomic bombs dropped on a two location Japan with a 16000 tonne yield for each versus dropping 128000 x 1 tonne bombs (ie 4 x the amount)?

Whilst I agree with you that focusing on 1 cause doesn’t see the whole picture but there are no magic wins here, just incremental changes we can make.

Another action is cutting down on short distance car journeys. Most car journeys are less than 2 miles, so we should be doing more to walk or cycle instead, or if that isn't possible think about catching a bus. I live next to our village primary school: it's amazing how many people drive their kids to school when they only live a short distance away. Some of them don't even bother switching their engines off while they gossip with their mates at drop off/pick up times, that one really drives me mad...
I started cycling to work regularly about 18 months ago in all weather (@10km each way, up and down a couple of cheeky hills).

Bloke from down our street pulled out ahead of me the other day in his car. Few minutes later about a mile down the road his car was parked up and he was bimbling his way towards Town. The lazy f*cker had saved himself less than a mile of walking.

The quickest and easiest impact we could make almost overnight would be to impose shipping regulations on the massive container ships.

something like the 16 largest container ships give off more pollution than every car combined, this is mostly down to there being no regulations on international waters about what fuel can be used so they all use cheap shit fuel that kicks out insane levels of pollution.

That being said, there is no easy fix here overall. its been proven there is pretty much zero chance the global population will work together on it.

I personally see our only realistic way out of climate change is by getting Fusion power up and running asap and making sure that no one company/country can hold that technology to ransom and its available to all countries.

that would be abundant clean cheap power for all, and even have entire banks of them powering atmosphere scrubbing to try to reverse the damage we have made.

While waiting for Fusion we need to hit Solar/Wind + gravity power stores hard.

Gravity power stores are really needed for things like Solar / Wind as they are not constant. it uses the excess power produced when sunny/windy and in effect stores that energy by lifting heavy blocks using that power. then using gravity to turn turbines when no sun/wind. there are hydro dams that do this already but new Dam's are not easy and can be very damaging in there own right.

Example of gravity storage.

Last edited:
The quickest and easiest impact we could make almost overnight would be to impose shipping regulations on the massive container ships.

something like the 16 largest container ships give off more pollution than every car combined, this is mostly down to there being no regulations on international waters about what fuel can be used so they all use cheap shit fuel that kicks out insane levels of pollution.

That being said, there is no easy fix here overall. its been proven there is pretty much zero chance the global population will work together on it.

I personally see our only realistic way out of climate change is by getting Fusion power up and running asap and making sure that no one company/country can hold that technology to ransom and its available to all countries.

that would be abundant clean cheap power for all, and even have entire banks of them powering atmosphere scrubbing to try to reverse the damage we have made.

While waiting for Fusion we need to hit Solar/Wind + gravity power stores hard.

Gravity power stores are really needed for things like Solar / Wind as they are not constant. it uses the excess power produced when sunny/windy and in effect stores that energy by lifting heavy blocks using that power. then using gravity to turn turbines when no sun/wind. there are hydro dams that do this already but new Dam's are not easy and can be very damaging in there own right.

Example of gravity storage.
Never knew that about shipping. Found this article which is quite interesting
https://inews.co.uk/news/long-reads/cargo-container-shipping-carbon-pollution-114721
The first line of the article is a sad indictment of our government's strategy to become a "global trading nation" by increasing our trade with far flung places instead of sourcing goods more locally. For example if the government achieves its aim of joining CPTPP, and through that increases trade with Pacific countries, the amount of shipping will increase rather than reduce, when we should be sourcing more from home producers and from Europe which could use the European rail network. Looks like a long term Brexit "benefit" is to increase carbon emissions rather than reduce them.

Sky news has a climate change program that is on usually after the main news explaining how we are all killing the planet.
Now the same Sky news has just been gushing about some bloke going for a joy ride into space and saying that in the future people going for joy rides into space will be a multi billion pound industry.
As far as I am concerned this dos'nt add up, as my dad used to say you can't run with both the dogs and the hares.
I know sky news are just journalists and basically scum of the earth but this is serious piss taking.
The effect of policy on climate change is to increase the gap between the rich and the poor but as opposed to lockdowns which have the same impact in the sense that they decrease the wealth of the working class on mass and increase the wealth of the elite and divide the public and private sector the climate change policy is intentionally designed to achieve that end.

The only way China and India can bring hundreds of millions out of poverty and prevent millions of early deaths each year from respiratory diseases because they cook using dung is by burning coal to generate electricity as the western world did many years ago and still do in many countries.

That is why those two countries and a number of others are building coal fired power stations over the next twenty years and beyond.

In Australia 80 per cent of our electricity requirements to keep the lights on etc comes from coal and gas and unless we go nuclear that will continue for many decades to come as our country cannot keep the lights on from renewable sources particularly in the cities where 85 per cent of the population live.

We produce 1.3 per cent of the worlds CO2 and won't make a jot of difference to average temperature if we killed all our sheep and cows tomorrow and stopped burning coal and gas to keep us warm and cold enough to survive when required.

It's well known the elite in the main pay lip service to climate change after all many of them have made their fortunes by appealing to the masses taking small amounts from many and choose a lifestyle that is not of a hermit in the main.

Their carbon footprint in well above the average punter in part because they can afford to do so and its not do what I do but do as I say because I am more important than you and my fanbase tells me so.

We can all do our bit and Australia has reduced levels emitted by 20 per cent since 2005 unlike many of the countries cow towing to Paris agreements in name only like New Zealand that has increased levels since 1990 significantly.

Sky news has a climate change program that is on usually after the main news explaining how we are all killing the planet.
Now the same Sky news has just been gushing about some bloke going for a joy ride into space and saying that in the future people going for joy rides into space will be a multi billion pound industry.
As far as I am concerned this dos'nt add up, as my dad used to say you can't run with both the dogs and the hares.
I know sky news are just journalists and basically scum of the earth but this is serious piss taking.

Pollution wise Blue Origin is a very minimal impact. they spent a lot of effort making a engine that works with an oxygen/hydrogen mix. there's no Cabron emissions given off.

that being said Im not sure I agree with space joy rides like this. however the tech that is created could well be very useful. the engine they used being one of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.