Climate Change is here and man made

Well if the uk go full on pro climate change and do all they can we at least can point out finger at India China and America for not being arsed about it when we need this countries to be arsed or we all be in the shit no matter what our country does..

Agree with all of the above and FWIW I act similarly. It's the "make a difference" bit I picked up on. If everyone in the UK acted like you do, it would still make fuck all difference. The only difference is you get to feel like you are doing your bit.

The other bit of brainwashing is of course this "climate catastrophe" narrative. Will the earth still be inhabited by 11 billion humans in 2121? Of course it will. Will it be a bit warmer? Sure. Certain crops no longer viable in certain regions, but growable in others? Yep. Sea levels a foot or two higher? Probably.

This is climate change. The word "change" however is not emotive enough, so they needed to resort to scare tactics. Can we accommodate gradual changes over the next century or three? Of course we can.

That poor child Thunberg doubtless believed the world was coming to an end and of course if you believed that you'd want to do anything and everything to prevent it. The world is not coming to an end. She was lied to. All our kids are being lied to, daily at school. It's like Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge burning all books. State-funded, media complicit, end to end, brainwashing, day in, day out.

Is it sensible that we should all try to pollute less and care for our planet? Of course, no-one would deny that. But some of the rhetoric is completely over the top.
Excellent

Poor Greta has been used and duped by her parents in order for them to get rich on the backs of brainwashing a vulnerable young woman.

It's a bit rich for us to have a go at countries like India and China. We have made out air a lot cleaner partly by exporting heavy industry and manufacturing to these countries. We were the first country to industrialise and it wasn't that long ago our fogs were so bad you could not see half a metre in front of you as there was so much crap in the air.

The report is shocking. I have zero faith that we will be able to tackle the problem though until it's far too late. It would require a huge shift in our day to day lives.

I think part of the problem is that it's too big to comprehend for most people. And, of course, it's much more likely to hit the poorest countries the hardest and first. We won't feel it as much as other countries but will probably notice climate refugees.

Every country on earth need to work together on this. I do think laws need to be brought in for "Ecocide" to make it illegal to damage the environment.

We in the global west should also show some contrition. We have done far more damage than the rest.

Damning evidence but it is too late. The human race is destined to destroy this planet and will only react when it has to. Why be proactive and make a change when there is still money to be made from ruining the planet?
Global warming etc will not destroy the planet, just some species on it.

Agree with all of the above and FWIW I act similarly. It's the "make a difference" bit I picked up on. If everyone in the UK acted like you do, it would still make fuck all difference. The only difference is you get to feel like you are doing your bit.

The other bit of brainwashing is of course this "climate catastrophe" narrative. Will the earth still be inhabited by 11 billion humans in 2121? Of course it will. Will it be a bit warmer? Sure. Certain crops no longer viable in certain regions, but growable in others? Yep. Sea levels a foot or two higher? Probably.

This is climate change. The word "change" however is not emotive enough, so they needed to resort to scare tactics. Can we accommodate gradual changes over the next century or three? Of course we can.

That poor child Thunberg doubtless believed the world was coming to an end and of course if you believed that you'd want to do anything and everything to prevent it. The world is not coming to an end. She was lied to. All our kids are being lied to, daily at school. It's like Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge burning all books. State-funded, media complicit, end to end, brainwashing, day in, day out.

Is it sensible that we should all try to pollute less and care for our planet? Of course, no-one would deny that. But some of the rhetoric is completely over the top.

this Seems overly optimistic to me to be honest and you seem to have a lot more faith in humanity than I.

1) Climate change will result in less livable land, from larger deserts to sea rises. Less livable land is less farmable land and less space to actually live on and less food to live on.
2) The second an event occurs that causes a mass migration, and it will happen. there will be localised wars, the scale of those wars is debatable. But imagine 500+ million people from India trying to get into China / Pakistan for example. Just look at Europe now with a million or so fleeing Syria, multiply that by 100? 1000?

Will climate change wipe out the human race, Nope. but its sure as hell going to change the face of the globe in terms of countries/politics in the long run.

It's a bit rich for us to have a go at countries like India and China. We have made out air a lot cleaner partly by exporting heavy industry and manufacturing to these countries. We were the first country to industrialise and it wasn't that long ago our fogs were so bad you could not see half a metre in front of you as there was so much crap in the air.

The report is shocking. I have zero faith that we will be able to tackle the problem though until it's far too late. It would require a huge shift in our day to day lives.

I think part of the problem is that it's too big to comprehend for most people. And, of course, it's much more likely to hit the poorest countries the hardest and first. We won't feel it as much as other countries but will probably notice climate refugees.

Every country on earth need to work together on this. I do think laws need to be brought in for "Ecocide" to make it illegal to damage the environment.

We in the global west should also show some contrition. We have done far more damage than the rest.
The idea that China and India are responsible for everything is a common peddled myth which isn't wholly true. If you look at per capita CO2 emissions then you'll see that India contributes far less but their shear population size means they do contribute more in total. The only way they could actually really reduce emissions is to start shooting people.

The major oil producing and consumer countries are amongst the worse, they have relatively lower populations but extremely high per capita outputs. As an example, on average 1 person in the US contributes 3x more CO2 than 1 person in the UK. Reducing our consumption of oil is CRITICAL and that's perhaps why all of the Middle Eastern countries have placed diversification as their #1 priority but money still talks louder.

Many European countries are signed up to the climate accords but they are worse than us, Germany is twice as worse but they are 60% renewable. How does that work? Well their favourite renewable is biomass which is basically taking trees and burning them for energy....

The whole green movement today is a complete farce and it's to be quite honest the biggest con in history and it will be responsible for our downfall. As it stands many of these nations, companies and the products they make are being swapped to renewable forms which just helps us to sustainably kill the planet. The only way these products can be made fully 100% green (no impact at all) is for them to not exist and that's the problem.

Unfortunately though all of this is a function of population and the fact that the population has increased by 900% in just 100 years. It's amazing that the worlds population was less than 1 billion in 1990, it's now set to hit 10 billion by 2055.

Basically, we are fu*ked and it's completely impossible for us to solve this. We are awaiting a magic bullet that to be frank will never exist. The laws of nature do not allow you to get something for nothing, we are all consumers in some shape or form just by existing and that as we increase our numbers basically spells the end.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.