Climate Change is here and man made

Only if China, India,, US, Brazil and Indonesia do somthing will we avoid carastrophe. Anybody else's efforts will ust a drop in the ocean in resolving the problem.
It is correct that those countries can have a noticeable impact individually whereas we can't, however if every country in the world does its bit it will have much more of an impact than just leaving it to the big five.

Pollution wise Blue Origin is a very minimal impact. they spent a lot of effort making a engine that works with an oxygen/hydrogen mix. there's no Cabron emissions given off.

that being said Im not sure I agree with space joy rides like this. however the tech that is created could well be very useful. the engine they used being one of them.
To survive as a species we need to get of this rock.

It is correct that those countries can have a noticeable impact individually whereas we can't, however if every country in the world does its bit it will have much more of an impact than just leaving it to the big five.
True but it is a drop in the ocean. A lot of drops help but if those five don't deliver were screwed whatever we do.
That said, industrial CO2 and CH4 extraction from the atmosphere may help.

I would love to do my bit. I drive an electric car and my home is insulated to the top spec. Looked at solar power, £10 000, heat pump the same. Had that d1ck the climate minister on R4 this morning saying that ‘yes the price will come down when we start to sell more heat pumps from £10 000 a unit to …..wait for it……£5 000’ ffs and that is for just 1 room and I would still need supplementary heating. And we would still need to put in an immersion heater for water. Where do people like me get that kind of money from?

Damning evidence but it is too late. The human race is destined to destroy this planet and will only react when it has to. Why be proactive and make a change when there is still money to be made from ruining the planet?

True but it is a drop in the ocean. A lot of drops help but if those five don't deliver were screwed whatever we do.
That said, industrial CO2 and CH4 extraction from the atmosphere may help.
Not chopping down and burning the rainforests would help more, as would not shipping goods half way round the world when they could be sourced more locally, as long as everyone does it.
I think we're both arguing the same point tbh and are in broad agreement.

Damning evidence but it is too late. The human race is destined to destroy this planet and will only react when it has to. Why be proactive and make a change when there is still money to be made from ruining the planet?
Makes you wonder what the mega- rich likes of Bezos and Branson are REALLY up to with their probing of space...

As the great George Carlin said, the planet will be fine it's going nowhere. We are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.