John Stones signs new 5 year deal

..... you sign Messi, We sign John Stones, John Stones, John Stones.

Contrast to American sports. There, the bigger the contract a player signs the more celebrated it is and the club shares in the general goodwill - like a "well done to everyone" for getting the contract done and dusted. Success is rewarded with bigger contracts over there.

Would be an awful lot of red faces on here if somebody was to rake through the posts bout stones 18 months ago.

Always been a quality footballer, delighted he had the balls and mentality to go through a rough time and refuse to give in, fought back all of his own doing(dias gets too much credit for that) and is now indespensible. As Pep once said "John Stones has more balls than anybody"

Thoroughly deserved.
As with Mahrez and Gundogan as well, previously everyone's favorite boo-boys. Zinchenko probably belongs in this category too.

Now, it's Rodri and Sterling who will probably excel this year after a whole lot of doubt from the masses. Maybe Jesus and Torres as well.

Somehow, I don't think Mendy will overcome the doubts.

To be honest, we’re still yet to see if Stones can do it without a top centre back playing alongside him. The great thing about the likes of Kompany, Laporte (when he came in) and Dias was that they made the others around them all look better. Stones has often struggled when he’s needed to be the main man.
He looked like the main man with slabhead next to him.

giphy.gif

I cant see how we’d need to offer him that.

He doesnt want to go anywhere and he’s just a CB at the end of the day, and he isn't world
class level, just very good. certainly good enough to be our no2/3 CB.

£100-£150k would be more appropriate looking at the other experienced players in the squad

He doesnt want to go anywhere and he’s just a CB at the end of the day, and he isn't world

£100-£150k would be more appropriate looking at the other experienced players in the squad
Just a centre back?

Considering a bang average CB costs in the region of 50m in the market without even touching on wages, I don't think we should be complaining when one of our most consistent players gets rewarded with a new contract.

I'm interested in hearing who you would consider a world class CB? Personally, there's a massive drought in young quality CBs these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.