Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather than disregarding the many articles pointing out how Messi‘s worth outstrips his wages find some that explain why he costs more than he brings in If that’s what you really believe.

Here are another couple of articles explaining it

Or alternatively, I’ll read an article & call bullshit when I see it. Messi does not sell 2m shirts a year. Barca sell about that amount, quite possibly 80-90% have Messi printed on the back, but that doesn’t mean Messi sells 2m shirts per year.

If it really is down to Messi, I’m guessing you’ll agree Barca will surely sell 0 shirts this year as the 2 million Messi sells will no longer be there?

Ive not read a single article which gives any factual figures of what Messi makes Barca. It’s all conjecture, quite possibly put out by Team Messi to justify his ginormous wages

The articles you’ve posted gives no true facts & figures, it actually gives false figures, hence me not believing it

Show me the numbers & I’ll believe it

Ps United have 650m follower cos a company paid by United told everyone

Who paid the economist in the article you posted to suggest Messi generates £230million/annum for Barca? ;)

Last edited:
Or alternatively, I’ll read an article & call bullshit when I see it. Messi does not sell 2m shirts a year. Barca sell about that amount, quite possibly 80-90% have Messi printed on the back, but that doesn’t mean Messi sells 2m shirts per year.

If it really is down to Messi, I’m guessing you’ll agree Barca will surely sell 0 shirts this year as the 2 million Messi sells will no longer be there?

Ive not read a single article which gives any factual figures of what Messi makes Barca. It’s all conjecture, quite possibly put out by Team Messi to justify his ginormous wages

The articles you’ve posted gives no true facts & figures, it actually gives false figures, hence me not believing it

Show me the numbers & I’ll believe it

Mate I posted 3 articles there because you asked for an explanation. You don’t believe any of them. I could post dozens but they won’t make any difference.

I was trying to help but you’ve made up your mind. Fair enough.

I can remember listening to a Sports Economist on the radio a couple of years explaining his worth to Barca and it was staggering. I doubt he too was part of Team Messi.

I also remember a Podcast (It might have been Statsbomb but I can’t be sure) which went into great detail explaining that Ronaldo and Messi were the only footballers in the World that paid for themselves and their guest was a University Professor from I think Liverpool.

I believe them over your calculator (no offence)

Mate I posted 3 articles there because you asked for an explanation. You don’t believe any of them. I could post dozens but they won’t make any difference.

I was trying to help but you’ve made up your mind. Fair enough.

I can remember listening to a Sports Economist on the radio a couple of years explaining his worth to Barca and it was staggering. I doubt he too was part of Team Messi.

I also remember a Podcast (It might have been Statsbomb but I can’t be sure) which went into great detail explaining that Ronaldo and Messi were the only footballers in the World that paid for themselves and their guest was a University Professor from I think Liverpool.

I believe them over your calculator (no offence)
No offence taken whatsoever mate :)

I could be completely wrong, but when economists suggest Messi sells 2m shirts (exactly how many Barca sell), I call bullshit. So if they bullshit about that, what else are they bullshitting about?

I want cold hard figures which aren’t bullshit. Suppose we’ll know when Barca’s next accounts are out. If they drop by the £200m+ Messi supposedly brings in, I’ll eat a shit load of humble pie & admit I was completely wrong. If not, I’ll know I was correct & its bullshit

I totally understand my view is in the tiny minority as it seems to be a ‘fact’ that he brings in that much, but using my old solar powered calculator from 1992, I just can’t get it to add up :)

If Messi pays for himself ( from the income he generate for his club ) then why not all clubs are after him ?

No offence taken whatsoever mate :)

I could be completely wrong, but when economists suggest Messi sells 2m shirts (exactly how many Barca sell), I call bullshit. So if they bullshit about that, what else are they bullshitting about?

I want cold hard figures which aren’t bullshit. Suppose we’ll know when Barca’s next accounts are out. If they drop by the £200m+ Messi supposedly brings in, I’ll eat a shit load of humble pie & admit I was completely wrong. If not, I’ll know I was correct & its bullshit

I totally understand my view is in the tiny minority as it seems to be a ‘fact’ that he brings in that much, but using my old solar powered calculator from 1992, I just can’t get it to add up :)
Well if it helps I have the same sort of mind as you do. If I can’t calculate something for myself it bothers me. Sometimes it’s an error and I’ve spotted it other times the mistake is mine. Occasionally it never gets resolved so I choose to believe that there is something I’ll never understand fully.

With Messi some of what he brings is difficult to asses in cash like how many titles would Barca have won without him.

In terms of accounting Barca’s figures may drop even more than the Messi factor but it won’t all be down to him or vice versa if Barca bring in money via naming the Stadium for example.

So for me I believe the experts on this. There are just too many of them too all be making a mistake or fabricating a story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.