It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, that's silly. Go to Amity Hall in New York at 7am in the morning and I promise you'll find "real" supporters, whatever that means.

Come watch a match with us over here sometime. We may change your mind.

I hope I cleared up what I meant in a post afterwards. It was meant more people who just support football not city, but kind of choose city as a team probably because we are the best. For that poster to have claimed they were very sad and whoever we signed wouldn’t fulfil a deep void left by messi going PSG is the kind of fan I’m talking about. Not proper blues overseas who are actually city fans and not fanboys. The fans who are there win or lose at daft o clock have my utmost respect.

There were "genuine fans" and local fans who supported the SL, at least for a while, read their posts here, and on other media. Football is played in nearly every country in the world, "genuine fans from abroad" are only a flight away from Manchester and understanding the game and history is not a test they have to pass to follow City, they just need to enjoy good football. Is it really necessary that "fans from abroad", of what is a multi national club in most respects except location, are spoken of as if they are from the far side of the blue moon, and need to be categorised as "these types of fans". I have no wish to slaughter you, as I recall there was some mild dissent regarding your post, no slaughtering, not all fans from abroad are unreal murderous types.
Your first sentence only has a grain of truth in it, and you know it. Yes there were some supporters who have season tickets who were in favour. But the vast majority were outraged hence why the whole thing only lasted 72 hours.
Myself and Bluesince88 were guilty of a poorly worded post which mostly referred to the “fans“ you see on feeds from Bosnia who’ll slaughter Mancini for not playing Dzeko or Algerians having a go at Pep for not playing Mahrez. I’ve sat on enough flights between Liverpool or Manchester to Dublin or Belfast surrounded by United and Liverpool (in some cases both at the same time) to know there are plenty of fans from abroad, some of whom have season tickets. Equally some from further afield who can never get to a game but get up at daft o’clock in the morning to watch on tv. There is a huge distinction in my mind between those two. The latter “fans“ from Algeria will disappear as soon as Mahrez leaves the club.
Anyway, I’ve no wish to get into it again as the snowflakes who are determined to be offended will rock up again.

I don’t, but people like you won’t leave me alone. Just put me on Ignore like the rest of them

I think the issue here is that you're possibly the most humourless person I've seen on this site. Not that it was funny or anything but it was clearly a light-hearted joke acknowledging your aloof and cocksure posting style. Chill.

I think the issue here is that you're possibly the most humourless person I've seen on this site. Not that it was funny or anything but it was clearly a light-hearted joke acknowledging your aloof and cocksure posting style. Chill.

This “joke” was completely uncalled for as I hadn’t posted anything that met your definition of myself. I am not humorless, it’s quite the opposite: my tone gets mistaken for a number of things as I am not a natural English speaker and can’t make my comments sound maybe lighter. I once joked I should add “mate” at the end of my posts to be more “likable”; I could never do that as I avoid inauthenticity. But when you hit that Ignore button, never again will you see my so-called aloofness or “cocksure style”. And from your pedestal you won’t need to tell me to “chill” as if I’m supposed to take lightly mean-spirited jokes or, like you now just did very objectively, bizarre characterizations.

And you can join the idiots who make highly prejudiced comments (that are allowed to stand, unlike some harmless stuff I have posted in the past, interestingly...) and accuse those who call them out on it as “snowflakes”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.