Plymouth Shooting

More money for mental health???

Not sure if you've noticed a pandemic happening which has induced more depression and more suicides which has equalled mental health services being cut by this brilliant government.

This will not change a thing.

Yes more money for mental health
I did notice the pandemic thanks
I hate this government and expect nothing from them
No shit Sherlock:-)

The Internet has made it easier than ever to join a cult. It's not about crazy Americans dressing in robes and waiting for doomsday, it's now just finding groups of like minded individuals all over the world to help convince you your twisted ideas are right and wind you up further and further, free of any responsibility when one of the members acts on what they've been preaching. Scary times, you can see it spiralling out of control in front of our eyes but no obvious solution.
I can't like your post for what I hope would be obvious reasons but I agree with you and do like your logic and reasoning.

I’m struggling to understand why anyone would be given a gun licence unless you were either a member of a gun club whereby the gun should be stored securely at the club or perhaps a farmer. I can’t see why a 20 odd year old living on a housing estate in a City would need a gun and would be given a licence to own one. Am I missing something obvious?
My next door neighbour has quite the stash of bows and arrows and crossbows. I think I am correct in understanding that he has these at home. He is a member of a gun club and has his rifles stores as per regs in an approved safe, (off site).
He has been kind enough to invite me on a few clay shoots and he is a member of a gun club which has had to be relocated due to increasingly tightening regulations.
His guns are stored off site in a securely locked gun safe. His fellow shooters are equally responsible, one of whom is a former police marksman.
My point is that, yes I agree with you; no responsible gun owner is able to keep a gun at home without observing strict protocols.
It would seem that if you suitably determined to "jack" the system, then you probably can.
This sort of horrible incident brings forth the inevitable discussion as to what more we could have done.
Annoyingly, ( I cannot think of a better word) Darwinism won't be an answer as it would appear that the perpetrator was unlikely to breed in any event. Or is this Darwinism in action?
It matters not, a tragedy occurred.

No mate, you're not.
It's ridiculous and needs urgent action.
People who legitimately need a gun wouldn't be effected by even a strict reform, so I fail to see how a tightening down would be objected to by anyone.
Needs doing, and sharpish.
It's an interesting point that you raise regarding objection to gun tightening laws. I know several people in a (once very) local gun club that have had to relocate and have severe restrictions place upon them due to changing regulations. Of course they understand why these changes have been made but all they do is get together once a month or so and shoot at little paper targets. Because of the actions of one or two lunatics their hobby has been legislated to the point of being no longer viable.
There are people in this group who I would trust with my life and yet they have to abide by the regulations, and they do so because they understand that if a tighter system will save a single life then it is worth it it. But, it is a massive pain for the law abiding citizens.

Of course they understand why stricter controls are required but it does Affect them and indeed affects many other law abiding non mentally unstable people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.