Plymouth Shooting

I agree there's been a rise of these websites, but there's also a rise in the attraction of the sexes because of the pandemic; less chance to go out and meet people beyond a face on a screen, making the competitors more picky in their choices and, inevitably, shrinking the pool of choice.

Since the pandemic, women online are after 'HVM' more and more. Makes things more select as women punch above their weight, but men are willing to accept lower and wider pool.

Sweet FA to do the The Orange Gibbon.

I'm not making excuses for these clowns, I'm just trying to see what they see; a smaller pool than they've been in ever before.
Vinyl is making a comeback tbf.

There is disagreement on here about whether or not this warped individual was or wasn't a terrorist?
One thing is certain, he was a murderer.
Those people he killed, whose lives he brought to a violent and premature end, those people would be the terrified ones, even if only briefly.
On that basis he could be considered to be a terrorist.
Was he a madman acting alone?
Possibly.
Did he belong to a bigger organisation which reinforced his twisted views and validated his actions in his mind? (eg the IRA)
Also possible.
Will there be others like him? Definitely. (Consider Dahmer).

R.I.P. The victims.

It's an interesting point that you raise regarding objection to gun tightening laws. I know several people in a (once very) local gun club that have had to relocate and have severe restrictions place upon them due to changing regulations. Of course they understand why these changes have been made but all they do is get together once a month or so and shoot at little paper targets. Because of the actions of one or two lunatics their hobby has been legislated to the point of being no longer viable.
There are people in this group who I would trust with my life and yet they have to abide by the regulations, and they do so because they understand that if a tighter system will save a single life then it is worth it it. But, it is a massive pain for the law abiding citizens.

Of course they understand why stricter controls are required but it does Affect them and indeed affects many other law abiding non mentally unstable people.
All this is true but, frankly, their hobby of shooting a gun (or a crossbow or whatever) is only as important as playing marbles, stamp collecting, making model aeroplanes or any other hobby.

I.E. not important in the slightest.

If, for some unimaginable reason, playing tiddlywinks was leading to innocent deaths and severe restrictions had to be put around the oddballs who play tiddlywinks, noone would give a fuck.

But when it comes to firing guns (less so here than in the US but still to some degree) some people get all libertarian and put out that something dangerous and totally inconsequential like firing guns at a target might have to be limited for the greater good.

The language of debate around defending this hobby is different to any other and I can't escape the feeling that some of it is down to the fact that the hobby makes the people doing it feel like more of a man.

If firing guns at shit for fun happened to be completely banned tomorrow (and I'm not in any way suggesting it should be - I don't think it should) anyone who thinks that is taking away their way of life (perhaps other than those who make a living from it) should be viewed with the same disdain that someone who can't deal with stopping playing dungeons and dragons should be.

(By the way, from your post, it would seem that none of that applies to your friends but I'm just following on from it)

All this is true but, frankly, their hobby of shooting a gun (or a crossbow or whatever) is only as important as playing marbles, stamp collecting, making model aeroplanes or any other hobby.

I.E. not important in the slightest.

If, for some unimaginable reason, playing tiddlywinks was leading to innocent deaths and severe restrictions had to be put around the oddballs who play tiddlywinks, noone would give a fuck.

But when it comes to firing guns (less so here than in the US but still to some degree) some people get all libertarian and put out that something dangerous and totally inconsequential like firing guns at a target might have to be limited for the greater good.

The language of debate around defending this hobby is different to any other and I can't escape the feeling that some of it is down to the fact that the hobby makes the people doing it feel like more of a man.

If firing guns at shit for fun happened to be completely banned tomorrow (and I'm not in any way suggesting it should be - I don't think it should) anyone who thinks that is taking away their way of life (perhaps other than those who make a living from it) should be viewed with the same disdain that someone who can't deal with stopping playing dungeons and dragons should be.

(By the way, from your post, it would seem that none of that applies to your friends but I'm just following on from it)
Couldn't agree more. To be fair, neither could my "gun toting" friends. I guess that would be the stance of most rational people.

Incidentally I played a few rounds of crokinole the other day and accidentally nearly took someone's eye out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.