Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

Clearly nowhere near match fit yet, walking around when we’re 1-0 down. Got into a few promising positions when Kev came on but then resorted to hopeful ( or hopeless) punts into Lloris’s hands. Not unexpected but still a real bummer.

Disappointing but let's be real.

The B team with no preseason, at a ground we struggle with, against a side who has a new manager and is quite motivated as we're about to take their best player off them?

This was always likely to happen.

A few things to smooth out and we'll be fine.
Agreed. Add the fact we had a rag reffing the game and you realise how inevitable this result was.

Got a feeling ten minutes in that we weren’t for scoring
Once I remembered the chances we’d missed in the 3 previous visits to that ground
It’s a curse!

Cup final for them. Especially against us with the Kane issue, their players were so so up for it. The crowd did make a difference for them too. We really needed a goal in those first 15 mins to get them quiet.

In terms of players, Mendy,
Cancelo and to a lesser extent Torres all looked sub-standard.

As an aside, the ‘great new refereeing’ looks like in part it will be a licence to foul our players.

I wonder if they’ll play like that in all their other home games.

Last point for me, I’m so glad that I’ve just sacked off Sky sports, and this is the last time I’ll have to watch their presentation of one of our matches.

One man alone cost us that game ... Pep.

Yes I`ve dared to say it but some subs should have used right after half time.He continued to use some shit performances as a "we`ll get out of this mess" but it backfired.
Once again his stubborness let us down.

his stubbornness has led us to be the most successful team in England. Not a great performance, but plenty of of games and players to come back yet

Mendy and Ake are dewy, poor players and unfortunately Ferna is also showing that he is not up to the mark anymore.

Honestly not a lot to take away from that other than we looked rusty. But sometimes even when you look rusty, big characters can pull you through and there wasn't enough of that on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.