Spurs (A) | Post-Match Thread

Always asking for trouble starting with that backline. Mendy yet again absolutely abysmal and should be nowhere near this club. Why he is picked is beyond me.

No doubt there will be flapping galore on this thread.

My take -

We were clearly not match fit or match mentally sharp. Evidenced by lack of a press, inability to make enough recovery runs, sloppy under hit and over hit passes, sloppiness in front of goal and lack of concentration.

This was all over the pitch, every single player.

20 minutes in and the early fire basically went out. Spurs cottoned onto that and you could see they were thinking "these are fucked, we can beat these today".

We'll need to get up to speed sharpish. I'm sure we will.
We need to get the proper first 14/15 back, fit and firing, and start cracking on.

The other major issue was, as ever, Mendy.

The man is so far adrift of the rest of our players ability wise it's literally unbelievable. I also still take the view he isn't "all there" mentally and is, in fact, not actually able to read the game. He simply doesn't sense danger, doesn't understand positioning and cannot judge the weight of a pass. At all. He makes numerous mistakes every time he plays.

For me, he cannot play a meaningful game for us again.
Mendy would struggle in an under 11's match.

Pep should have cut the players vacation times off.. Sometimes there are cases when you have to do this and players have to adapt to it, otherwise you get this -> Loosing cup final and then the opening game.

Everyone seems to be out of the form right now and the body language isn't as good as you wish for the PL`s opening game. It was more like mid July vibes coming out of the players..

Clear failure to recruit a quality striker has bitten us on the arse once again.

The poor performers have better replacements, generally, on the bench and we'll be better when everyone is back and fit.

Happy with what I saw of Grealish.

Why all the panic seriously

we have the English boys back for Norwich, it’s one bludy game.

calm down.

Premier league is a marathon not a sprint.

its getting old losing away to the spuds
I know what you're saying but I've learnt that being beaten by old rivials has no bearing come May. We got dicked by the rags and still smashed the league. Its a marathon not a sprint. Hate spurs with a passion but they're winning fuck all unless there's a trophy for how many flags can be waved in as stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.