It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm sure some on here thinking buying a world class striker is like popping down to the football equivalent of Tesco and heading to the strikers isle then taking a few minutes to assess which one you want, checking the price and then throwing him in the trolley

even with Grealish we agreed to pay the release clause, I'm assuming the holdup was related to the actual structure of the deal, Villa were under no obligation to make it easy and they could have given themselves time to make him an offer and only agreed terms when it was clear he wanted out

Yes , as I said there has always been a few but it seems to me an unusually high number of the joined 2020 or 21 are of the negative persuasion.

I think the past 18 months has made the entire forum much more negative and angry. Im sure I see a lot more spats and personal arguments.

The mood around the forum feels incredibly aggravated and it seems like the negative of losing has overtaken the joy of winning by quite some distance, let alone the joy of watching football regardless of result.

We are supposed to despise almost evey other club in the league, and UEFA, and The FA, and The Premier League and The referees and Sky/BT and the media.

Not to mention the club itself is to be hated - or at least the supporter services, Vicky Kloss and the PR team, the transfer group, the social media team and an increasing list of players.

Not displaying an appropriate amount of vitriol for the above is grounds to be told how much of a **** you are, and probably get called a rag. Its bloody exhausting and I think its effecting a lot more than just me.

As soon as the transfer business is concluded I plan on taking a long break from here and seeing if it resets something.

Hopefully people will lighten up as the pandemic eases.

Last edited:
There are enough posters with high post counts saying the exact same stuff too. Trust me, I have to read them.
We also seem to have a fair few new high flyers on BM. I never realised so many people get involved with business acquisitions for a hundred million plus.

I must mix in the wrong circles because even working with multi billion pound companies in the past, I’m yet to personally meet anyone who’s been involved with acquisitions of such a high value

I’m surprised to find some of these people are posting during the working day as I’d presume they’re getting incredibly well paid & under a huge amount of pressure to deliver results, so to have the time to post on BM is impressive

Kudos to all you people who can do this as making acquisitions around the £10m mark can be extremely stressful, so I can’t even begin to imagine the stress involved with acquisitions of over 10 times that amount

I think the past 18 months has made the entire forum much more negative and angry. I feel like I see a lot more spats and personal arguments.

The mood around the forum feels incredibly aggravated and it feels like the negative of losing has overtaken the joy of winning by quite some distance, let alone the joy of watching football regardless of result.

We are supposed to despise almost evey other club in the league, and UEFA, and The FA, and The Premier League and The referees and Sky/BT and the media.

Not to mention the club itself is to be hated - or at least the supporter services, Vicky Kloss and the PR team, the transfer group, the social media team and an increasing list of players.

Its bloody exhausting and I think its effecting a lot more than just me.

As soon as the transfer business is concluded I plan on taking a long break from here and seeing if it resets something.
Totally agree, especially this bit
negative of losing has overtaken the joy of winning by quite some distance, let alone the joy of watching football regardless of result.
Some of the posters seem to have lost any perspective of why we watch football and live sport. If we couldn’t have bad day, periods, losses it isn’t sport. Fortunately we now have many more good than bad, its’s a great time to be a City fan maybe best ever, it probably won’t get better so if this isn’t enough and you can’t enjoy it, then what ?

I think the past 18 months has made the entire forum much more negative and angry. Im sure I see a lot more spats and personal arguments.

The mood around the forum feels incredibly aggravated and it seems like the negative of losing has overtaken the joy of winning by quite some distance, let alone the joy of watching football regardless of result.

Not displaying an appropriate amount of vitriol for the above is grounds to be told how much of a **** you are, and probably get called a rag. Its bloody exhausting and I think its effecting a lot more than just me.

Great post. Exactly my thoughts

Very well said, I have been debating deleting my login as it’s just a horrible place right now

And Pep too, Don't forget he cost us the CL, Charity Shield and Yesterday was on him too. Just a bald fraud.

You could say were a fuckin shambles who never win anything really if you read these threads.

He’s right though. We lost that game because we missed 3 golden chances. Not because of Mendy, Ake, Dias or Ederson
Not just this game, I’ve said before we didn’t lose the c/l because we conceded 1, we lost because we didn’t score. I think I may have wiped that game from my mind , I can’t remember whether we had golden chances in the final. I do remember we had enough possesion that we should have had chances .

Out of interest, the last deal you did for 100m+, how long did it take from start to completion?

The deal for Grealish could have been done, wasn't. Please do tell us the inner workings of that deal though and the reason it wasn't completed as swiftly as your multi million pound deals.

Note, he does now play for City and has played in two games, starting one of them. Shame he didn't have a day off though to sign the deal because that caused a delay that meant he missed a grand total of....0 games.

We have given no one a head start unless you think spuds are title challengers?
The dippers play burnley on saturday, Maybe we should petition the prem to let us kick off at 9am to make sure we get in ahead of them. We don't want people getting a head start now do we.

What didn't give us the best possible conditions to start the season was playing 60+ games last year ending in a devastating CL defeat only to then have 99% of the squad leave and play international games, with a selection making it to the very end of their respective competitions which meant they got back later than the rest of the squad.

Throw in a long term injury to KDB and Foden, two of our best players and there is your answer as to why yesterday was a bit ropey.
1 - About 5 months, but thats including ~2 months of raised capital through a new share issue and ~1 month preparation for the extraordinary general meeting, none of which are necessary in a deal like this. Just agreeing on a price (approximately) should not take more than a few weeks from when negotiations starts. But again, this how it can work if you buy or sell a business, buying a football player is obviously a bit different.

2 - I dont know since I was obviously not involved. My guess is that they tried (and failed) to get him for a fee lower than the release clause.

3 - I would have preferred if he would have got more than one training session with the team before the first game. You seem to think its more than enough. I guess we disagree.

4 - What you are writing makes zero sense and it seems you are trying your best to misapprehend what I meant. Either that or you are just stupid.

5 - Basically the same for all other top teams. They could still have returned a week sooner, like Grealish did. But that doesnt have anything to do with the recruitment team, and thats just my personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.