Barcelona Thread - 2021/22

Can someone who knows the ins & outs actually look at their figures to see if they've actually failed FFP and come up with some figures?

It's all well and good us all gnashing our teeth but the rules are such a pile of shit I'm not sure they've (even with the mess they're in) have managed to duck & dive around the rules.

Can someone who knows the ins & outs actually look at their figures to see if they've actually failed FFP and come up with some figures?

It's all well and good us all gnashing our teeth but the rules are such a pile of shit I'm not sure they've (even with the mess they're in) have managed to duck & dive around the rules.
Debt is not part of ffp. So they just borrow and spend like Chelsea.
New proposals dont address this, more bankruptcies will follow.

Debt is not part of ffp. So they just borrow and spend like Chelsea.
New proposals dont address this, more bankruptcies will follow.
Yeah I'm well aware debt in itself is irrelevant to FFP but there's post after post about Barca/FFP so my comment was really aimed at those posters screaming that teabag should enforce FFP without anyone categorically showing they had indeed broken the rules.

And if proof were ever needed, this is it. FFP has been and remains an all out assault on one club. That rival clubs want to prevent competition is a scandal but not surprising. The really sinister aspect of all this is the control those clubs exert over the entire sports media.

funny thing also is all them clubs moaning and want FFP to punish manchester city are the ones selling their players for crazy prices knowing we have the money

If you search Utube for Barcelona, there are many vids about their financials. Maybe this is the best.

if you in debt to £1.5billion then you have failed at everything as a club
uefa setup FFP back in 2013/14 and said it will stop clubs from going bankrupt by spending money you don't have

debt and loans on assets can not keep happening and FFP has to start punishing clubs that are run like this
how can you be good for football and your fans if your is in BIG debt.

debt has to come first before spending ? how can a club like united spend £150million when they are in debt to £500milion when covid-19 hit football and all clubs have made losses of around £100milion
so there debt will grow to around £700million and nobody blinks a eye

also how can a fan own club like barelona be left to do whatever they like ? why did nobody stop this long ago

Yeah I'm well aware debt in itself is irrelevant to FFP but there's post after post about Barca/FFP so my comment was really aimed at those posters screaming that teabag should enforce FFP without anyone categorically showing they had indeed broken the rules.
I doubt if they have.
- A certain amount of losses is permissable
- Covid has added extra leeway to clubs in Uefa's eyes.
- They borrow.
They are not completely clear. Thay have a lot of unpaid transfer bills owing to clubs which could result in transfer ban from Fifa. Still trying to offload players such as Coutino. Several of their signings are still not registered as that would take them over La Liga salary limits.(Garcia? Sergio?)
Not sure what has happened to the bank loans which fell due this year. They did plan a debt restructure.
The proposed new rules on salaries will give them a headache.
Meanwhile, let's try to punish debt free City; they are filthy Arab-- sorry filthy oil --- upstarts. (I'm reluctantly convinced of the racial element now)

One could suggest that debt, spent on transfers, has an adverse affect when paying the club owed. This would be against FFP unless the club in question obtained further debt to ensure the clubs are paid.

Unsustainable and shows that lack of debt management within FFP is a farce.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.