Bitcoin (cryptocurrency)

Hell I bumped the thread this morning to ask a simple question .....which was answered thank you........, but reading it now, wow good luck lads, you have well and truly lost me.
I left school in 1974, there were no lessons with regards to computers, my first job involved a telex machine !!!!! and work didnt really start getting them until the mid 90's ?
I can do online banking so I will leave you guys to it but thanks. As they say, every day is a school day

Could the collapse of Bitcoin (as predicted on here in the last few posts) create an economic recession?
If the ‘proof of work’ crypto currencies collapsed it might allow the world to meet its targets on carbon.

The amount of electrical power being used to ‘mine’ is staggering/frightening.

I think ‘proof of stake’ still takes a hit, but is considerably less. Though I may be wrong

Ada (Cardano) is flying at the moment. Smart contracts announced in a month. Looks very promising.

Ada (Cardano) is flying at the moment. Smart contracts announced in a month. Looks very promising.
Yeah,it is flying. I don’t like the coin but I did think it was a great buy at a dollar a month or so ago once it became fairly clear Bitcoin wasn‘t going any lower at the time.

Yeah,it is flying. I don’t like the coin but I did think it was a great buy at a dollar a month or so ago once it became fairly clear Bitcoin wasn‘t going any lower at the time.
\Why don't you like the coin? It's one of the most technological advanced from my understanding?

\Why don't you like the coin? It's one of the most technological advanced from my understanding?
Just think it’s had so much hype and been shilled endlessly over a long period without actually going on to produce anything of much use so far. That’s despite that Charles constantly making promises. That said I thought it was a great buy at a dollar a month or so ago once it became fairly clear the market wasn’t dropping much lower.

Compare it to Terra Luna and I think that’s on another level in terms of use case, plans etc. Only difference is it’s gone about actually building something brilliant with less talk and more action.

Just think it’s had so much hype and been shilled endlessly over a long period without actually going on to produce anything of much use so far. That’s despite that Charles constantly making promises. That said I thought it was a great buy at a dollar a month or so ago once it became fairly clear the market wasn’t dropping much lower.

Compare it to Terra Luna and I think that’s on another level in terms of use case, plans etc. Only difference is it’s gone about actually building something brilliant with less talk and more action.

I'll check out Luna. Don't know much about that coin.

I think the September launch of smart contracts will make or break Ada's short term progress. If they don't live up to the hype then it will drop. If it lives up to expectation then I can see Ada climbing to 4, 5, 6 or even more dollars by the end of the year. I know Charles is a bit marmite but he's a smart dude.

I'll check out Luna. Don't know much about that coin.

I think the September launch of smart contracts will make or break Ada's short term progress. If they don't live up to the hype then it will drop. If it lives up to expectation then I can see Ada climbing to 4, 5, 6 or even more dollars by the end of the year. I know Charles is a bit marmite but he's a smart dude.

I’m not really that technical but this makes sense to me. If they launch the smart contracts ontime without issues, then it’ll superior to what Ethereum currently offers in terms of speed, security and scalability. At least that is my understanding of it. Need to see if users switch.

I guess ultimately it’ll come down largely to ETH 2.0 vs Cardano.

For now though we have ADA being able to be bought via the Stock Exchange in Japan from Wednesday and the smart contracts launch a few weeks after. Interesting times.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.