Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a pep player, incredibly self interested and the thought of him putting on a shirt and having to celebrate him score a goal turns the old stomach.

In short fuck Ronaldo
Shortsighted view.
Like it or not, If Ronaldo pulls on a City shirt, he'll be the biggest name we've ever signed.
He's a bona fide superstar who would significantly improve our team, sponsorship investments, and standing among 'elite' clubs.

This ain't football anymore... it's ruthless business. The club can't risk getting left behind just because fans don't like anyone with connections to the dark side.

I'm a naysayer myself (as I was with Kane) but the caveat, as always, is once they pull on the shirt all pre-conceptions about whether it would 'seem right' or 'fit right' go out of the window.
The idea that Pep would chuck the team dynamic out the window to shoehorn in an ageing galactico is ridiculous. It's not the early post takeover days when we were the 'desperate' party when it came to links with similar profile player.
The boot is on the other foot now .... fuck it I'm off to change my vote :)
Done ... Can't say I'd be 'happy'.
I'd be in the thank fuck we've got another option up front and this transfer window is over camp.

Anyone hear the plonker city fan on talksport saying he wouldn’t attend any city games while Ronaldo is at the club and wouldn’t even celebrate if Ronaldo scored a last minute champions league final winner

I'm right with him, as unpopular as that might be. Beyond all the bullshit, football is entertainment and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that he would sap all the joy I get out of watching us play.

It's not about united. It's about him. I simply loathe the ****. And the fact that we'd become a vessel for his ego isn't one I like.

But it's cool, I don't expect others to feel the same way.

The upside, if I can find one, is that I might end up going to academy games again instead. It's been a few years.

what is the wage over 2 years ? the transfer fee is crazy to not turn down
my understand was he is 50.000 lower than messi at £950.000 a week ?

£50 million over 2 years plus the transfer fee maybe its to good to turn down

Yes we would. However, in that time, other players will develop / become available and we'll have maintained our status.
It's a bigger risk to go without a striker. We'll probably look back at this saga one day, and wonder why we didn't sign Danny Ings.
Because Utd have won diddly squat in recent years, while City have won the title 3 out of the past 4 years, and last year without a recognised top class striker, He wants to win things, not end up playing Thursday night against Metalist Kharvik

I’m afraid I have jumped aboard too many trains this transfer window, and I’m not prepared to do that again (especially over a transfer that I simply can’t see happening)

Take my advice and don’t get invested in this one. It’s the hope that kills you

Anyone hear the plonker city fan on talksport saying he wouldn’t attend any city games while Ronaldo is at the club and wouldn’t even celebrate if Ronaldo scored a last minute champions league final winner

wind it in

I remember when none of us wanted Bellamy and he got a standing ovation after his cameo debut

he’s scored pretty much a goal per game over his career and still doing it yet people don’t want him because he wore a united shirt 12 years ago.
No love loss to City they'll just fill his seat with Ronaldo fan boys and there's fucking plenty of the about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.