Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
to be fair that possibility has ran through my mind....I reckon there will be emergency meetings today at utd (an possibly last night)....they know if we do get Ronaldo we will trample on a huge part of their history, their fans backlash will be huge.....there is no way they can be seem to let Ronaldo come here without putting up some resistance to it and trying to get him

Who knows he may go there
Yeah this is a possibility

The clip of shrek who says he doesn't think it will happen etc etc - are they still in touch, camel gob as well, with him and know something we dont ??

Either way we know that he would need ourselves more than we need him for the chance to get to win more trophies. So it comes down to him and if he isnt arsed about upsetting the rag brigade

As you say, the rags must be looking to submit something to stop this from happening as did with sanchez

It’s been funny reading some people worried about PSG. No wonder their main guy ruled it out publicly yesterday: it makes no sense for their team. You can’t replace Mbappe with current Ronaldo. The profile they’re looking at is correct: Jesus, Richarlison. Also, I doubt Ronaldo would ever accept it.

Then there are those worried about United. It’s already been reported that Mendes offered him and they refused. Wouldn’t shock me if when he offered him, the plan was for much higher wages. That’s ruled out and again, makes no sense for the team.

Ronaldo, like any superstar, can smell a good story from a long distance. He saw what Messi’s arrival caused in Paris. He knows nothing significant will happen for Juve this or next year. Coming here is the biggest story possible. Going back to Madrid or United wouldn’t cause much impact: he’s already been there and those teams are currently failures. People forget Messi and Ronaldo also played in the UCL group stages last season, but both in poor teams that everyone knew wouldn’t compete for the title. Coming here, with his drive, and Messi at PSG, it’s a completely different story: these two back at the top teams of the competition. And in terms of media presence, because the PL and our domestic cups are far more competitive than PSG’s, he will be talked about constantly probably unlike Messi after awhile.

Then there’s the other factor, which is bringing Pep Guardiola and Cristiano Ronaldo together. That, too, is a great story from anywhere you look. Big personalities, big stories in football, coming together before they (possibly?) go quiet for a bit. I doubt Ronaldo thought about this, but he’s feeding Pep with something he needs.

people doubting whether we should be going for him should ask themselves a question or two

Do we need someone who will regularly put the ball in the net? - Yes we do and Ronaldo is better than nearly anyone else at this.

Is he better than Harry Kane? - yes he is even now at his age he is far superior in every way as a player.

Whether it actually happens is another discussion and I think the stumbling block will be money...we dont seem to want to pay him...Juve want money ....His wages too could be an issue to all of this.....

Then again there is always the similar prospect s to what we were offering Messi......shares in CFG, extended playing career in America after he finishes with us etc etc

It also has to be pointed out that the hatred of him didn't all come from the fact he played for United.
That wouldn't help, but like Rooney and now Bruno, it is the person (ego) they hated.

This might surprise some City fans, but a huge proportion of neutrals think Agüero is an absolute ****. They remember him for his tackles on David Luiz and elbow on Winston Reid. Sterling, Fernandinho and Tevez are just the tip of the iceberg in terms of City stars who neutrals hate. It's easy to build up a hatred for a player from a team you hate.

Also may I point out that a lot of that hatred was actually just people calling him things like 'tranny', which we would probably be better off trying to forget about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.