It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel so sorry for Aguero, he was told he was being moved on because we were getting in a new striker and he wouldn’t get game time. To do that to your greatest ever player, who brought you your club's greatest ever moment is just so morally wrong.

That's just nonsense. Aguero wasn't ''moved on'' his contract expired and he wasn't offered a new one. A large factor in that was his injury record over the last few seasons, which continue to trouble him seeing as he's currently been ruled out for 10 weeks. There was nothing morally wrong about not offering him a new contract. Of course it's sad that he left, he's one of our biggest ever legends, but it was the right time.

Can't help but feel we're too soft when it comes to more established players at bigger clubs over the last few years.

I can't remember the last player we signed who wasn't an easy option, with either a buyout clause or from a club vastly inferior.
I think the ffp saga has affected us badly.

Wishful thinking but wouldn’t it be fantastic is City we’re in collusion with Mendes to suck the rags in then pull their pants down - getting them spending ridiculous amounts of money on someone they didn’t really need the Piano player springs to mind). Him and his client get a big pay day and the rags have a drain on their resources that might stop them spending big on a striker next year - giving City a clear field.
A bit fanciful, I know, but wouldn’t it be great if true!
I doubt that can be real though.
It is either he used us on purpose to create buzz around Ronaldo or Ronaldo had a last minute change, the damage has been done nonetheless no matter the situation.

That's just nonsense. Aguero wasn't ''moved on'' his contract expired and he wasn't offered a new one. A large factor in that was his injury record over the last few seasons, which continue to trouble him seeing as he's currently been ruled out for 10 weeks. There was nothing morally wrong about not offering him a new contract. Of course it's sad that he left, he's one of our biggest ever legends, but it was the right time.
I know that mate. You didn't understand my point. We lied to him telling him "We will sign a Striker this summer." which is why he won't get game time. Telling him we are letting him go for his injury record would've been more respectful imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.