Txiki Begiristain

I've spent a lot of time on here (along with the other mods and Ric), trying to keep this place half decent, so that when outsiders (particularly the media) come on here and browse, they don't think we're all just a bunch of immature children trotting out silly abuse and living down to stereotypes of ignorant football fans.
I'd like to add an example so people can see the pressure we're dealing with.

In the Ronaldo thread it was stressed time and time again not to refer to him by any of the offensive transphobic nicknames and if anyone saw something to report it. The forum did largely a good job, and thankfully we had one hard working poster flagging all of them to us.

However, right near the end of the thread after it became clear he would sign for United one poster decided they wouldn't play along anymore (out of anger I guess) and made a post calling him by one of the names we asked not to. EVEN THOUGH it was deleted within minutes of posting, I know for a fact that the post was seen and quoted on RedCafe where the discussion became about how it's typical that BlueMoon still allows these bigoted terms and is filled with 'those kind of fans'.

One single poster potentially damaged the reputation of the entire forum. That's why sometimes we have to be boring fucks about this whole thing; so that we can keep embarrassing things like that to an absolute minimum.

I just don't understand how one guy gets so much blame in the transfer space. It's clearly not a one person department..?!

I'd like to add an example so people can see the pressure we're dealing with.

In the Ronaldo thread it was stressed time and time again not to refer to him by any of the offensive transphobic nicknames and if anyone saw something to report it. The forum did largely a good job, and thankfully we had one hard working poster flagging all of them to us.

However, right near the end of the thread after it became clear he would sign for United one poster decided they wouldn't play along anymore (out of anger I guess) and made a post calling him by one of the names we asked not to. EVEN THOUGH it was deleted within minutes of posting, I know for a fact that the post was seen and quoted on RedCafe where the discussion became about how it's typical that BlueMoon still allows these bigoted terms and is filled with 'those kind of fans'.

One single poster potentially damaged the reputation of the entire forum. That's why sometimes we have to be boring fucks about this whole thing; so that we can keep embarrassing things like that to an absolute minimum.

And on the purely pragmatic side, save your syllables and call him a ****.

The buck has to stop somewhere... Txiki or Khaldoon?

Take your pick.

The buck stops with the owner, ultimately. Like it does in every single organisation but the very idea that the "buck stops" with a single person is wrong and fairly unhelpful. That's blame culture and it's not how successful organisations thrive.

So really you should all be typing Mansour Out, if that is your prerogative.

People need simplified answers. Blaming 1 person is better than trying to truly investigate the issues and whether they are systemic. Easier just to type Txiki Out

There is always going to be hyperbole after a so far disappointing window. I’ve been on both sides of appraisals often enough though to understand that targets need to be achieved. I’m not sure they have been except Grealish who appears to have had a release clause which we paid in full. He also only wanted us and there was no competition for his signature.

I don’t like throwing anybody under the bus but if I were Txiki, I wouldn’t be looking forward to my next annual appraisal. Blaming the rest of his team is a non starter. If you get paid the big bucks then outstanding performance is expected.

The buck stops with the owner, ultimately. Like it does in every single organisation but the very idea that the "buck stops" with a single person is wrong and fairly unhelpful. That's blame culture and it's not how successful organisations thrive.

So really you should all be typing Mansour Out, if that is your prerogative.
That's even more simplistic than singling out Txiki.
Txiki is head of recruitment, Khaldoon gobbled off about being creative in the market...
They're the buck stops.

Anyway, match on. Come on City!

:-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.