10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just don't see it myself.
It's been 3 games and he's already looking like he's played with us for a lot longer. Thing is with Jack is there will be a game -when we really need it - where he will be unplayable and win us a tight match. Such was the ease in which we beat Norwich and Arsenal it didn't matter he wasn't pivotal to every move. Lots of good players look fantastic when you are winning 3 or 4 nil, it's the games where we need a moment of inspiration - like against Chelsea last year that will define a season. I believe Grealish has that in his locker. His first touch and speed of thought are better than I thought so he's going to be a big part of our future success. Pleased he's one of our own.

I think he touched it once before we were 2 0 up. Definitely more to come. Would like to see him inside as the season progresses and Foden is back.
In fairness he made a good couple of runs and was asking for it from cancelo but not getting it, looked a bit pissed off. As soon as torres fed him for one of those runs he assisted jesus.

Grealish is looking like a player who's earnestly trying to adapt. He's hugging that touchline, exactly as he's supposed to.

A bit like Foden did, he's going to need a bit of time to adapt to the role and figure out how to get more involved with play, just like Mahrez, Sterling, and Jesus know how to do.

For what it's worth though, once the red card happened and we began to dominate Grealish got VERY involved. If you look at touch/pass numbers he got big, big numbers. So it might just be a confidence thing too; once we had the game in the bag he felt more relaxed about his tactical role.

Not sure how anyone would take issue with what they've seen from him so far.

I'm not sure either. Created the most chances out of any player on the pitch yesterday. I'd say he's doing better than expected considering the transition he needs to do going from playing for a small club where everything went through him to being a part of a proper world class team.

He's fucking quality and I don't give a toss if we overpaid. He already looks like he's played with us for years.
I've a sneaky feeling he will become a fan favourite in no time and wouldn't bet against him being our Player of the year.

In fairness he made a good couple of runs and was asking for it from cancelo but not getting it, looked a bit pissed off. As soon as torres fed him for one of those runs he assisted jesus.
Yep, expressed annoyance before Cancelo had put the ball in too late. It was a great run too, had acres of space in front of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.