10 | Jack Grealish - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've defended Grealish, on this thread and others, because I think he's hugely talented and exciting to watch, and I think he can really come good for us.

But every single manager he's ever had has had to deal with disciplinary issues with him, and it's always reckless partying stuff. He goes for months of being professional and responsible and you think he's grown out of it, then bang - does something unbelievably stupid.

If anyone can stamp this out of him, I believe in Pep's ability to do it. And I don't think Jack would have come to City if he planned on messing this up. And I don't think we'd have bought him without having some kind of plan for keeping him sane.

Last edited:
Grealish for me likes to carry the ball. Dribble, dribble, dribble. Sometimes this pays off, sometimes not.

Grealish is obviously talented and I like him in our side. At the same time, he needs to pass the ball quicker.

I've defended Grealish, on this thread and others, because I think he's hugely talented and exciting to watch, and I think he can really come good for us.

But every single manager he's ever had has had to deal with disciplinary issues with him, and it's always reckless partying stuff. He goes for months of being professional and responsible and you think he's grown out of it, then bang - does something unbelievably stupid.

If anyone can stamp this out of him, I believe in Pep's ability to do it. And I don't think Jack would have come to City if he planned on messing this up. And I don't think we'd have bought him without having some kind of plan for keeping him sane.
Those managers had no choice but to keep Grealish happy so he did what he wanted and its hardly held him back, hes now a 100m player.

One night with a few beers with his mate and people are talking about selling him. Fucking hell.

As for "keeping him sane", locking him inside his house and Pep having Lillo guarding his front door would drive him to a lot worse.

Those managers had no choice but to keep Grealish happy so he did what he wanted and its hardly held him back, hes now a 100m player.

One night with a few beers with his mate and people are talking about selling him. Fucking hell.

As for "keeping him sane", locking him inside his house and Pep having Lillo guarding his front door would drive him to a lot worse.

Not sure I agree they had no choice... Lambert loaned him out, Garde had him sat on the bench for a significant period, several of them punished him by leaving him out of starting line-ups, making him train with the reserves etc. It's only perhaps under Smith you could say he was undroppable.

Agreed on the locking him up, though. It's a balance. Players need to be able to have a social life but at the end of the day they need to be fit for training and the club could do without the headlines.

I think and hope he has a long and successful future with us. I'm just not going to be surprised if there's occasional issues like this.

This is why we shouldnt have touched him with a fucking bargepole

Not sure I agree they had no choice... Lambert loaned him out, Garde had him sat on the bench for a significant period, several of them punished him by leaving him out of starting line-ups, making him train with the reserves etc. It's only perhaps under Smith you could say he was undroppable.

Agreed on the locking him up, though. It's a balance. Players need to be able to have a social life but at the end of the day they need to be fit for training and the club could do without the headlines.

I think and hope he has a long and successful future with us. I'm just not going to be surprised if there's occasional issues like this.
I see what you mean but ultimately he outlasted all of them and dragged Villa to the premier league. He was too talented to sell despite the problems. Anyone other than him would have been sold after 18mths.

Both him and Foden know what they need to do, I am sure Pep explained it with no issue but this is a one off. Really doesn't need to be dissected anymore than that.

Some in here talking about him going around banging instagram models and how thats cheating on some woman whos saying shes his girlfriend. Seems like the Beckham playbook is out for the media again with Jack and Phil sadly. They dont have a clue who hes dating or not, this is like primary school gossip.

I see what you mean but ultimately he outlasted all of them and dragged Villa to the premier league. He was too talented to sell despite the problems. Anyone other than him would have been sold after 18mths.

Both him and Foden know what they need to do, I am sure Pep explained it with no issue but this is a one off. Really doesn't need to be dissected anymore than that.

Some in here talking about him going around banging instagram models and how thats cheating on some woman whos saying shes his girlfriend. Seems like the Beckham playbook is out for the media again with Jack and Phil sadly. They dont have a clue who hes dating or not, this is like primary school gossip.

He was very nearly sold to Tottenham which grealish himself said in the same interview where he says he feels he is worth 100million pounds. It seems you really can't educate pork as it's the same thing he's done time and time again, now he has his driving license back let's see if he avoid drink driving and smashing cars up this time.

Wonder what would have happened to us if we'd given up on a 21-year-old Nicky Weaver and a 24-year-old Richard Dunne after their troubles with drink and cigs back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.