Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st person I directly know in hospital with it. Early 40’s - nurse, been around the virus for 16 months, nothing , double jabbed early on, was finally due to go on holiday for a break and wham… 16 days ago, 10 days in hospital … currently :-(

GM WEEKLY POP SCORES

Remember low scores good - going down good - high scores bad - going up bad

BOROUGH // POP SCORE TODAY // POP SCORE LAST WEEK // UP OR DOWN BY LAST 7 DAYS

Also WAS 4 weeks ago (up/down in past month)

BOLTON 244 // 207 // UP 37 WAS 205 (up 39)

ROCHDALE 270 // 243 //UP 27 WAS 287 (down 17)

WIGAN 280 // 262 // UP 18 WAS 259 (up 21)

MANCHESTER 287 // 317 // DOWN 30 WAS 343 (down 56)

OLDHAM 289 // 286 // UP 3 WAS 331 (down 42)

BURY 293 // 260 // UP 33 WAS 280 ( up 13)

TRAFFORD 327 // 388 // DOWN 61 WAS 271 (up 56)

STOCKPORT 336 // 333 // UP 3 WAS 291 (up 45)

SALFORD 348 // 404 // DOWN 56 WAS 414 (down 66)

TAMESIDE 410 // 373 // UP 37 WAS 281 (Up 129)

As you can see Salford, Manchester and Trafford have turned big numbers around and are falling.

But over the past month Trafford has risen a lot

Tameside is clearly in most trouble well ahead of the rest and up the most. And even worse numbers across the past month. Up by easily the most in that period.

The rest up by similar modest numbers but Stockport and Salford going in opposite directions. Though they were close enough to one another today (Stockport better, Salford a little worse) that Stockport prevented going above Salford as second worst in GM for now by falling 16 week to week. Whilst Salford only fell by 10.

GM boroughs weekly past 7 day case totals:

Bury 560, Rochdale 603, Oldham 691, Bolton 702, Trafford 777 , Salford 913. Wigan 923, Tameside 931, Stockport 990, Manchester 1597

Stockport's numbers have put it as second to Manchester - which itself is well down - and the only one now in four figures. As Stockport dropped out of four figures today.

Tameside has risen too but Salford improved.

Bolton has edged up a bit in past days and Bury now well clear as lowest cases. Though Rochdale has had a good week too and is within touching distance of top spot.

1st person I directly know in hospital with it. Early 40’s - nurse, been around the virus for 16 months, nothing , double jabbed early on, was finally due to go on holiday for a break and wham… 16 days ago, 10 days in hospital … currently :-(
I don't like the sound of that. Fits the scenario of the first vaccinated starting to see declines in their immune response.

Are we seeing any fans who have caught Covid at the Ethiad now? I went to the Everton game and Wembley but now with cases increasing, I didn't go to Norwich or Arsenal. If no cases are being reported I will start going again. If I catch it and can easily spread it to my elderly parents and even with the vaccine they could get really ill or die. What I lack is facts to make a more informed decision.
This is precisely the same boat I'm in. I've had to skip the opening two games of the season just like you. I'm not concerned about suffering myself but I'm partially responsible for helping look after an elderly relative who is very vulnerable, and considering I had another relative put through the shitter with it I'm not in the mood to take any chances for the timebeing.

This is precisely the same boat I'm in. I've had to skip the opening two games of the season just like you. I'm not concerned about suffering myself but I'm partially responsible for helping look after an elderly relative who is very vulnerable, and considering I had another relative put through the shitter with it I'm not in the mood to take any chances for the timebeing.
I think that as long as you don’t hang around in the concourse you will be ok. Take sanitiser and use it when you get in, after touching anything in the ground and if you feel the need, you can wear a mask. It feels safe once in your seat but the Concourse is still busy and that is where the risk is for me.

I think that as long as you don’t hang around in the concourse you will be ok. Take sanitiser and use it when you get in, after touching anything in the ground and if you feel the need, you can wear a mask. It feels safe once in your seat but the Concourse is still busy and that is where the risk is for me.
Thanks for the advice M, appreciate you trying to help. But whilst COVID is still fairly new (in the grand scheme of things) I'm not planning on taking unnecessary risks, even if it's not too bad. If it were just me I had to worry about then I'd probably have gone but as I say it's not my life that I'm chancing.

I went to the Norwich game and tested positive last Thursday, obviously couldn’t go to the Arsenal game. My wife has also tested positive, we both have the same symptoms but I’m a few days ahead of her. Starting to feel a little better, wonder if anyone whose been through the whole process and what to expect on the way to recover. Any hints would be appreciated Thx

Convinced I caught it at the Norwich game. Symptoms started coming through on Monday and by weds felt like crap. Spent all week in bed and still absolutely drained but don’t feel ill really anymore. Whether it was on the train, in the Waldorf or on the concourse I have no idea.
Similar story to mine, I was ok till Tuesday. It appears I’ve infecTed my wife and my business partner. Feeling bad about that too

Keep going. I am through the worst now. I started feeling better by about day 6 and am now day 10 and nowhere near as tired. Sadly still testing positive so will probably miss the Arsenal match. A good CL draw tonight and three points on Saturday should help.
I’ve tested positive and am currently self isolating, I’m on day 6 improving but still have all the symptom. How are you feeling now? Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.