Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Extending the North stand won't add 10,000 seats it'll be much closer to half that. I think the loss of seats to advertising boards is the biggest indicator the North stand extention won't happen as we will struggle to get the 60k seats to allow us to move to a 5 * stadium and host the biggest events.

Football in general has peaked in terms of attendances in general, the clubs have pushed the cost and people are now unable to attend and having got out of the habit due to the pandemic they probably wont come back. They have also made it difficult for younger fans to afford it and so there will be less and less "generation" fans City are, I feel, they are looking for more tourist fans with an uptake on match day spending

The last thing we need is another 10000 people scrambling for a pint of bleach - sorry, dark fruit cider - at half time.

Knock down one of the stands to reduce capacity and cut down on the queues I say.

At last a progressive idea.
Some matches at Maine rd, I could arrive at 2 55pm, hardly see a soul, stand anywhere I wanted on the kippax, walk.back to.yhe beehive and get served on entry.
Lose 3 -1 to Oldham and not see a queue all day, how did we end up in this situation.

Capacity now must be around 53k? I think we could just do it by extending the North Stand.

I would use the Silverlake monies to do this. I can't think of anything more worthwhile than creating 5,000 extra City fans. The only thing that counts on match-day is fans at the stadium, especially on a midweek game in a league Cup tie. You don't get supporters turning up to those games unless they are regulars and have got the bug. And you don't become a regular until you've gone to your first home game against Arsenal, seem City win 5-0 and want to come back for more.

Edit: I checked City's official attendance vs Arsenal - 52,276. Given that there's seats lost to segregation, I think our current capacity must be around 53,000 to 53,500 even if it is impossible to reach. We claimed our capacity was 55k before the front seats were taken out and never reached it so I think we could just reach the 60k by doing one end.

It would cost half a Harry Kane. But it would take 20 years to get your investment back.
When we did the south stand redevelopment we added 7k seats but that included additional Seats in the corners of Upper tiers, plus the 3 rows around at ground level, on that basis SS3 must hold 5000-5500, so NS3 would need to be approx 30% bigger than SS3, very very unlikely.

There is also nothing in the market for the construction, you would be looking at at least 2 years from concept to getting a site presence.

When we did the south stand redevelopment we added 7k seats but that included additional Seats in the corners of Upper tiers, plus the 3 rows around at ground level, on that basis SS3 must hold 5000-5500, so NS3 would need to be approx 30% bigger than SS3, very very unlikely.

There is also nothing in the market for the construction, you would be looking at at least 2 years from concept to getting a site presence.
I have the impression SS3 holds 5,500 but I don't know where I have got that from. That would leave us just short of 60k but I think if you could be creative in a ground of this size to find an extra 1k seats. The bigger question is whether there is the will to do it. I would do it. MCFC is the centre-piece of the City group and the ground needs to be bigger to have that sense of theatre.

I have the impression SS3 holds 5,500 but I don't know where I have got that from. That would leave us just short of 60k but I think if you could be creative in a ground of this size to find an extra 1k seats. The bigger question is whether there is the will to do it. I would do it. MCFC is the centre-piece of the City group and the ground needs to be bigger to have that sense of theatre.
There obviously isnt as they've just taken out those 1000 seats.

Travel out of the stadium and home has become a nightmare now. No decent way at all.
and people get slagged off for leaving five mins early?
It wasn't that bad for me. On Saturday I left after all the players had left the pitch. Walked to my car (about 10 mins down the road) and was home in Urmston 20 minutes later.

Knowing where to park and what lane to be in helps significantly.

Why would they be creative for an extra 1000 seats when they have just ripped out 1100 seats in the Summer ?

There is simply no demand for 60k capacity at the moment and there won’t be a new North Stand until there is.

It wasn't that bad for me. On Saturday I left after all the players had left the pitch. Walked to my car (about 10 mins down the road) and was home in Urmston 20 minutes later.

Knowing where to park and what lane to be in helps significantly.
It took us years to crack it and finally did by getting a spot near the corner shop pub. If we were out on the whistle it was no prob

now theyve closed a road near our spot and its created chaos

It took us years to crack it and finally did by getting a spot near the corner shop pub. If we were out on the whistle it was no prob

now theyve closed a road near our spot and its created chaos
Yeah, the road closures aren't ideal. Try St Anne's Church. Perfect for anyone going on the Manc Way. Might be a slightly longer walk though.

Asked about the North Stand expansion the other day. Sounded like it’s not on the agenda in the near future and there just isn’t the demand for 60,000+ tickets week in week out.

Makes you wonder if there ever will be that demand if it isn’t there under Pep. We might have to wait until the younger generation around the country that started supporting City in the last 10 years grow up and start coming to games. Our continued success will mean we’ll have one of the biggest supports in the country, outside of the home city in the coming years.

Kinda feel like we might have dropped a clanger not building the North Stand as a ‘home end’ single or larger double tiered stand first of all and then doing the South Stand later on though.
The club obviously have the data to suggest there’s no point in extending the north stand. Two games since we’ve been back and there’s been thousands of empty seats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.