Seasoncard - 2021/22 | Ticket Exchange

View attachment 25990
Off the pitch the club is acting shite at the moment. Silly decisions
Just been having this discussion with some of my CM colleagues and there's a reason why. Cup schemes give you priority access to finals and other games. Joining a cup ticket scheme and transferring the tickets is basically a form of points whoring. Why should you get first dibs at final tickets if you've never been to a previous game in that campaign?

The club were talking about only giving points for games you actually attend so this could work in favour of those who attend games by giving priority to those who've attended most games.

Just been having this discussion with some of my CM colleagues and there's a reason why. Cup schemes give you priority access to finals and other games. Joining a cup ticket scheme and transferring the tickets is basically a form of points whoring. Why should you get first dibs at final tickets if you've never been to a previous game in that campaign?

The club were talking about only giving points for games you actually attend so this could work in favour of those who attend games by giving priority to those who've attended most games.
Season Tickets also give points and priority so seems like double standards.

Seems a bit unfair though as people who have selected the print at home option can still pass the ticket on and take the cup scheme perks.

In my experience of 30 years working in customer services, banking, local government and engineering it is unlikely that Management know what they are doing.
Fair enough, did we he said and phoned at 11 today to check Id been sorted cant fault him whatever his level

I would be interested to know though why this wasn't made clear to fans before we all joined the cup scheme. As with the Seasoncard renewals they waited till afterwards to spring the mobile ticketing upon us and seems we are just repeating a similar issue.
I get what they are saying however to me it seems like they are alienating a lot of people who genuinely can't make games and losing the option to attract new fans.
They have a scheme in place for league games whereby if you don't attend a certain number of games they can withdraw your renewal option and something similar, for example, saying that if you transfer a ticket you lose the match points for that game and if you transfer say over 2 games on any cup scheme you also lose the 100/200 points you get for the scheme could surely be implemented for cup games.

I need to put 4 tickets all on my family and friend up for exchange can't figure it out anyone help me please. Thanks

The “never been to a previous game” argument is a straw man in the sense that I’d suggest the number of people who do that (and who did that previously) are a tiny minority of the people we’re talking about here. For people to buy tickets and then not attend would be a colossal waste of money.

Season tickets are bought on the premise that you have committed to purchase a ticket (albeit upfront) for all 19 league games that season, regardless of the date and time. The cup schemes work on the same premise. We don’t know when exactly the cup games will fall, but we imagine we will probably be able to get there. Sometimes life gets in the way, and that leads to people not being able to attend games they intended on going to. That’s why the ticket transfer system is there. For the odd game like that, it seems completely unreasonable of the club to prevent people from giving someone else the opportunity to use a ticket that has already been paid for, thereby filling a seat that would otherwise be empty.

Then there’s the communication. People weren’t told that transfer wasn’t available before they signed up to the cup schemes. The comms didn’t differentiate between league and cup. That in itself is another massive problem, and one the club needs to be held accountable for.

It seems to me that the club in general has completely lost touch with matchgoing fans, the treatment of people with the current state of supporter services and the implementation of this farce of a ticketing system leaves a real sour taste in the mouth. And they aren’t facing any kind of meaningful challenge about it.

I put our 3 tickets on the exchange for the Southampton game a couple of days ago and they don’t even show on the seat planner as available, in my ticket account they say not been sold yet. What’s the point of it if they don’t even offer them for sale ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.