3 Day Trip To Ireland - Any Recommendations?

Don't mention religion
You've just wandered through a black hole and wandered back to the 1970s. No one gives a flying fuck about religion. Perhaps there's the odd place in "Norn Iron" where it mightn't be the wisest topic for discussion over a glass of something cold in the local pub. Generally, though, people have more to be worried about than some all powerful deity.

Westport is a good shout but has gone mad with tourists and can be very busy and if you are going west you need a car to get about really and enjoy the scenic places of what that great west coast can offer - MATT MOLLOYS (not Mick Malloys!!!) is a good bar and been a few times over years.... but many others. Personally If it was me I would fly to Belfast and explore that great CITY - loads of great bars, Titantic Quarter, Catherdal Quarter, tours of city, music and craic - easy to walk around as small - from the centre near City Hall you can book bus tours up the coast to a few places and the Giant Causeway and coastal towns - that coast is one of the best places on earth nevermind Ireland.....and it is NOT as expensive as Dublin that is overated and full of stag and hen do's (it is Irish for Blackpool - Dub Lin ffs) - if you are going to Belfast I can give you a list of bars that are must drink places!

PS there is no bias in this recommendation :) and i dont work for Tourism Belfast
3 day trip to Ireland he says, if he went to Belfast he'd still be in the UK . Might as well stay in Manchester :-)

You've been there, I take it. It's supposed to be THE trendy spot, the place to be seen. And you certainly pay for that trendy ambience.
I’d avoid it too.
Others have mentioned much better places in town, like down Camden Street.
I’d concur with those recommending Howth. Can get crowded on a sunny Sunday but the food and drink and scenery is excellent.
The Gravediggers in Glasnevin was mentioned and is a good shout.
Traditional old pub that to the best of my knowledge still doesn’t have a tv in it.
The Blue Light is another great shout but a long way up the Dublin mountains. You would need a taxi, but could do this and Johnny Fox’s in the one day. Another great spot.

Me and my mate are thinking of a quick break to ireland next month, flying Friday afternoon coming back Monday afternoon. Was thinking of a day/night in Dublin then getting a train to somewhere else. Neither of us have been to Ireland before. Any recommendations?

Cheers
We have booked for 3/10 to 6/10. We are only staying in Dublin though, as that is where we need to explore (family history thing). 180 quid each for flights and 3 nights at The Gresham with cooked breakfasts. We have been before though so am taking about 250 in Euros as it IS expensive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.