3 Day Trip To Ireland - Any Recommendations?

Got friends in Dundrum and Rathmines but don’t go over much these days.
Access to Dublin Mountains and a few decent spots mention from Dundrum. Used to work in Dundrum and on sunny summer days we’d drive up to The Blue Light for lunch.
Uncle Tom’s Cabin was the local however.

I’d avoid it too.
Others have mentioned much better places in town, like down Camden Street.
I’d concur with those recommending Howth. Can get crowded on a sunny Sunday but the food and drink and scenery is excellent.
The Gravediggers in Glasnevin was mentioned and is a good shout.
Traditional old pub that to the best of my knowledge still doesn’t have a tv in it.
The Blue Light is another great shout but a long way up the Dublin mountains. You would need a taxi, but could do this and Johnny Fox’s in the one day. Another great spot.
We will be paying a visit to Glasnevin so might try that pub. Sounds good.

We have booked for 3/10 to 6/10. We are only staying in Dublin though, as that is where we need to explore (family history thing). 180 quid each for flights and 3 nights at The Gresham with cooked breakfasts. We have been before though so am taking about 250 in Euros as it IS expensive.
Gresham isn’t cheap but as central as you can get.
Definitely, take the DART from Connolly Station out to Howth one of the days. Monday and Tuesday would be quieter than the weekend so suits your dates.
Half an hour heading north. I may be biased being a North spider, but I’d have it over heading south to Bray, any day of the week.
If you are feeling energetic, bring your hiking boots and the walks around the cliffs or up through the rhododendron gardens and over the head, are stunning.
The Bloody Stream is the first pub you come to right in the old train station and is as good as any for food and drink. The used to have music too, but I think it’s only the weekend.
The beauty of a pint in there is you are literally at the station and can sup up waiting for the midnight train back to town. If you like seafood Howth is the place. Whether it’s fish n chips from Beshoffs or more up market at the King Sitric or Aqua restaurants and all prices in between 352CAC8F-B2D1-4A06-B340-0CB0F8439929.jpeg9922B9A4-4ADC-4E51-86D5-D118889A27F7.jpeg7C1315D4-2483-4A69-AE0A-1EC4E1A1AA17.jpeg
ive add a few pics one looking North from Balscadden bay and two looking at the headland from Clontarf.

I’d avoid it too.
Others have mentioned much better places in town, like down Camden Street.
I’d concur with those recommending Howth. Can get crowded on a sunny Sunday but the food and drink and scenery is excellent.
The Gravediggers in Glasnevin was mentioned and is a good shout.
Traditional old pub that to the best of my knowledge still doesn’t have a tv in it.
The Blue Light is another great shout but a long way up the Dublin mountains. You would need a taxi, but could do this and Johnny Fox’s in the one day. Another great spot.
Been to Johnny Fox’s a few times. Good seafood platter from memory, played golf up there once it was pissing down :-)))

Been to Johnny Fox’s a few times. Good seafood platter from memory, played golf up there once it was pissing down :-)))
The platter is really good. Favourite haunt of my sister’s friends when they come over from Suffolk. They love the quirkiness of the place.
Mind you when they came over the first time, for my 50th the weather was absolutely glorious. Makes a difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.