TV Series

@Coatigan, @BlueHammer85 (and others) - a little note to say that I finished Breaking Bad last night and I agree that it is one of the best series ever.

Before I watched it, I had this image of poor actors with dodgy Latino accents holding guns sideways. Whilst I was thinking that it wasn't my thing after 2 or 3 episodes, I stuck with it and it repaid in spades. Yes, it's a series about drug production and raking in the cash and turf wars, but for me this is as much about one guy who is put in a situation, finds a way out of it only to be confronted with one problem after another for the next 5 series. I love the way it's a story about his family and the problems it presents for his DEA brother-in-law, and I think bringing it all to a satisfactory conclusion after 5 series was the right decision. I also loved the New Mexico/desert setting.

Anyway, thanks for the recommendation.
In my opinion, they best and most satisfying conclusion to any long running series.

If you like that genre I can't recommend Schitt's Creek enough. It's the most wholesome sitcom you'll ever watch (once you get beyond the somewhat rough first season).
Wife says it’s the best TV series she’s ever seen! I’m going to have to give it a shot.

First 3 episodes of Y: The Last Man dropped this morning. The rest of the season will be out on a weekly basis. Not sure if I'll watch these soon or wait for the rest and binge. Really enjoyed the comic book that it's based on so hope they've done it justice.
I'm without broadband for another week but I'll look for that when I'm up and running. Cheers.

Is Foundation being shown yet?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.