Epstein / Prince Andrew / Maxwell

For me, I 100% believe he had sex with her when she was 17, and he knew that she was 17, but I’m finding it harder to accept that she was an unwilling participant. Not saying I’m sure she wasn’t, but the notion that every victim of Epstein was unwilling at the time simply doesn’t bear objective and logical scrutiny, given the numbers involved. Some will have been legal, willing and fully aware of what they were doing; others will have been underage, unwilling and/or coerced and possibly trafficked. The operation will have been much more nuanced than some people will feel comfortable with.

I don’t think anyone observing this through the media, as we all are, can properly evaluate which broad grouping Guiffre falls into. Anyone looking at it from that viewpoint who says otherwise is talking shit.

Does it make Prince Andrew’s conduct any less reprehensible if she was willing? Marginally, I guess, but it’s still iffy as fuck. At that age, girls aren’t capable of making decisions in the same way as they are a decade or so later - and older men should always been mindful of that, the responsibility they have, and the impact it could subsequently have on the girl’s psyche when she looks back on an older man who has taken advantage of that lack of reasoning.

Whichever way you paint it, even taking it at its ‘highest‘ his conduct was egregiously predatory and exploitative.
The way I see it is that a lot of these young girls would be prepared to do shit in the hope that a rich famous person like PA would "fall" for them and they would enter into their star studded circles. Who knows what sales tactics GM was pedalling to get them to comply happily to whatever these people wanted. In other words, looking for love. Many girls are dreamers at that age.

If the best defence they can come out with is that the papers weren't served correctly then he really is up shit creek. All this does is reaffirm the type of dense response he gave in the car crash interview. He knew what was going on and if anyone in HMG had any balls they'd sort out a swap for him and the American woman who killed the lad on the bike and let them both stand trial in the respective jurisdictions. Or maybe they don't have Pizza Express in the US.

If the best defence they can come out with is that the papers weren't served correctly then he really is up shit creek. All this does is reaffirm the type of dense response he gave in the car crash interview. He knew what was going on and if anyone in HMG had any balls they'd sort out a swap for him and the American woman who killed the lad on the bike and let them both stand trial in the respective jurisdictions. Or maybe they don't have Pizza Express in the US.
Even worse was his subsequent reliance on a settlement agreement that his accuser had allegedly entered into with a convicted sex offender!

"We believe this is a baseless non-viable and potentially unlawful lawsuit that the plaintiff has filed. There has been a settlement agreement the plaintiff entered into in a prior action that releases the duke and others from any and all potential liability."

That's really not a good look for Prince Andrew, no matter how you spin it.

I thought that too but think it was a conference call
Then serve it at their offices at the time of the hearing. They are irrefutably instructed in the proceedings at that time.

Or via email, maybe; at any time.

Without knowing the procedural rules for the jurisdiction it’s hard to discuss with any real authority, but it’s hard to imagine justice being allowed to be defeated just because someone lives in a castle. It would make a mockery of the civil justice system. No self-respecting legal system will allow someone to avoid service in this way, at least in the long run.

Within our civil procedure rules there are alternative methods of service once the conventional ones are exhausted.

It’s not like the **** can say he doesn’t know about the essence of the claim; he did an interview about it on Newsnight ffs!

It's not the best defence. It's the first defence

Then serve it at their offices at the time of the hearing. They are irrefutably instructed in the proceedings at that time.

Or via email, maybe; at any time.

Without knowing the procedural rules for the jurisdiction it’s hard to discuss with any real authority, but it’s hard to imagine justice being allowed to be defeated just because someone lives in a castle. It would make a mockery of the civil justice system. No self-respecting legal system will allow someone to avoid service in this way, at least in the long run.

Within our civil procedure rules there are alternative methods of service once the conventional ones are exhausted.

It’s not like the **** can say he doesn’t know about the essence of the claim; he did an interview about it on Newsnight ffs!
Thankfully, the judge seems to have seen through the nonsense and told them it's been served, so get on with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.