Cat advice

Thanks, He was really skinny and had really rough fur when we started to feed him, we have got him to weight and his fur is a lot better now, he's pure muscle too.

we got the OK from the landlord to have a pet. so only blocker I can think of now would be if he's chipped and the owners have been looking for him.

Vet apt is just before 5pm. hopefully they can get him sorted. He's really not a happy moggy at the moment, still not putting weight on it and he's really not all with it compared to normal. He urgently wanted to get out of the house this morning but I think that was as he needed to go. half hour later I was cleaning what I can only describe as brown tear gas from the litter tray, Thank god he knew where to go!

Its going to be an expensive couple of months I think!. thankfully the initial vet fee's are covered by the RSPCA. Needs a lot of dental work too but cant see that being covered.
It is very kind of you to take the trouble to sort him out , most wouldnt , if you get to keep him ask for an approx age , looking foward to hearing about it after your appointment

It is very kind of you to take the trouble to sort him out , most wouldnt , if you get to keep him ask for an approx age , looking foward to hearing about it after your appointment

totally forgot the age question with everything else going on. That was about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

No chip so can adopt. Got some anti inflammatory for the leg but they recommend coming back in a few days for sedation, x rays etc etc. RSPCA only cover £50 for the 1st consolation.

sedation and X-ray is £350 then treatment more on top. Can’t see getting much change from a grand or 2 now. May have to stagger things out over time. Dental can wait for now.

totally forgot the age question with everything else going on. That was about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

No chip so can adopt. Got some anti inflammatory for the leg but they recommend coming back in a few days for sedation, x rays etc etc. RSPCA only cover £50 for the 1st consolation.

sedation and X-ray is £350 then treatment more on top. Can’t see getting much change from a grand or 2 now. May have to stagger things out over time. Dental can wait for now.
Good you can adopt , see how he goes on the anti imflam meds, dont rush to go back if he improves and starts using the leg properly, if not he will have to have the xray, keep him in and put a collar on him if not chipped today , one with the address barrel, in case he gets out, he will complain but he will have to suck it up, did they mention vaccinations ? That will have to be done as well and the chip

Welcome to cat ownership !

Good you can adopt , see how he goes on the anti imflam meds, dont rush to go back if he improves and starts using the leg properly, if not he will have to have the xray, keep him in and put a collar on him if not chipped today , one with the address barrel, in case he gets out, he will complain but he will have to suck it up, did they mention vaccinations ? That will have to be done as well and the chip

Welcome to cat ownership !

ahh no mention of the vaccinations.

we are keeping him in. Got a double door to the room he’s in so fingers crossed he can’t “run” for it.

didn’t chip today. Didn’t do much of anything bar a quick check over and say “yeah he’s got a bad leg”! They did a check for other things, tried to check teeth but failed.

ahh no mention of the vaccinations.

we are keeping him in. Got a double door to the room he’s in so fingers crossed he can’t “run” for it.

didn’t chip today. Didn’t do much of anything bar a quick check over and say “yeah he’s got a bad leg”! They did a check for other things, tried to check teeth but failed.

My Cat was limping so badly I thought he would have to be put down ( I overreact every bloody time) an injection and a few tablets and he was running up the curtains 2 days later.

I am absolutely positive you and buddy are going to be buddies for a long time to come mate.

My Cat was limping so badly I thought he would have to be put down ( I overreact every bloody time) an injection and a few tablets and he was running up the curtains 2 days later.

I am absolutely positive you and buddy are going to be buddies for a long time to come mate.

thanks :) I hope your right. The vet trip has really taken it out of him. Just managed to get him to eat a little food so could give him the meds.

Currently having a nap with a cool cloth over his leg!

1631648769539.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.