RB Leipzig (H) - CL | Post-Match Thread

A few empty seats dotted around big deal. Then we have the vast empty space with a handful of away fans in it. I'm not sure where this obsession with full houses started but it needs to fuck back off there. If 40,000 people turn up on a Wednesday night then I personally think that's a good showing
Yeah, I’m not arsed about attendances

Attendances at football stadiums have always swelled and waned and swelled again depending on the game and the day of the week. City in the 1930s would have a run of home games with attendances of 78,000 22,000 25,000 55,000 72,000 18,000… and have a 35,000 average attendance for the season.

City have always been like this really. 28,000 average attendance in the third tier with a 4,000 crowd against Mansfield in the AutoWindscreens but five 32,000+ crowds in a row in the league (beating 14 Prem teams two divisions above us).

I reckon there were about 45,000 there tonight maybe? That’s a great turnout to be honest.

3rd one i thought he should have saved plus got lucky with a weak attempt as their offside goal.
Harsh call he was left to pick up 2 players, he had to try to block the advancing player who should have been picked up earlier by either grealish, gudo or zinchencko

Atmosphere was decent. I won't say well done to the fans who went, as it's expected of us. Anybody who can physically go and doesn't have an important commitment clashing with the game, should be there within reason. I don't know why you wouldn't want to go after missing it for nearly 2 seasons.

However, Pep turning on the fans is only going to go one way. Nice to see him walk straight down the tunnel at both Spurs and Leicester, where the atmosphere was fantastic. This guy blatantly isn't aware of the supporter services issues, and I get that it's frustrating to not have a completely full house, but don't belittle the thousands of us who go all over the place to see City and spend the bulk of our cash on it. It's a smack in the mouth to us lot, who will be around a lot longer than he will.

Shout out to their defender who felt KDB’s ball in needed to be recognised and scored the own goal.

Davinson Sanchez vs Mr Whippy vibes.

Irrelevant in the context but hats off to their lad Christopher Nkunku, cracking player. Tore strips off some of our best players throughout and took his goals well.

Was a game that had everything - a really good one for the younger fans, and the ones sitting near us thoroughly enjoyed it.
Loved the “mickey taking” while waiting for the var decisions! All in all a good night out, with plenty of laughs and a great result.

Reactions: cbl
Was a game that had everything - a really good one for the younger fans, and the ones sitting near us thoroughly enjoyed it.
Loved the “mickey taking” while waiting for the var decisions! All in all a good night out, with plenty of laughs and a great result.
I agree. Great match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.