Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not Pep's fault fans were told to sit down. Fans were never told to "shut up" they are doing that by their own choice.
"He's speaking from a position of privilege, he doesn't get us." "Pep seems to be out of touch" sounds like a post from the Daily Fail. He's speaking from a position of being in the presence of K38 + supporters who at times made less noise than 3,800, would you prefer if he was the only manager in the world not wanting more/louder support for the team.
That's just not true. The atmosphere last night was not that bad. In fact no worse than most other CL group games involving English clubs. It was nothing special but it looked a lot more than 38,000. Pep is entitled to make his comments but he is a bit selective and seems to pick his moments badly. Why give a gift to the tabloid press who know that the only thing that gets more clicks online than a LFC or MUFC story is a negative one about City (which is read by both sets of their fans)

I’ve only seen the 38,062 attendance on the bbc website, has it been officially confirmed elsewhere?
Not that I don’t trust what goes on down there in salford!

He's damaged the club with his snide comments.

There will be a full house against Southampton irrespective of anything he has to say.

If he wanted to criticise the attendance last night he should have said so.

His buddies who run the club share a lot of the blame by complicating buying and transferring tickets to the point where many fans just gave up.

He really gets on my tits. Pep, win the CL and fuck off. The next manager will have sufficient funds and support to keep the club trundling along. We might even get lucky and get a manager who does give a fuck about City.
It wasn't a snide comment .

You go last night? No different than most games so I'm not sure where your less noise than 3,800 comes from?
He's making stuff up. Could work for The Sun. Doubt he watched the game as it was quite obvious there was about 50 away fans at most.

It wasn't a snide comment .
It was snide.

He didn't have the courage to say directly that he was disappointed with last night's attendance so he 'invites' us to show up on Saturday.

Full house Saturday irrespective of anything he has to say.

He has the power to address some of the problems created by his Barca buddies internally.

In public he should defend the club at all times and defending the club includes not giving the media sticks to beat us with.

That's just not true. The atmosphere last night was not that bad. In fact no worse than most other CL group games involving English clubs. It was nothing special but it looked a lot more than 38,000. Pep is entitled to make his comments but he is a bit selective and seems to pick his moments badly. Why give a gift to the tabloid press who know that the only thing that gets more clicks online than a LFC or MUFC story is a negative one about City (which is read by both sets of their fans)
Our crowd was a full 1000 less than Peps beloved Barca against Bayern (a much bigger draw) But 12000 more than Barca got in their league games (26k). I assume he will mention where the fxxk have the extra 50000 gone from that club now his love child has left the club to go to PSG?

Our crowd was a full 1000 less than Peps beloved Barca against Bayern (a much bigger draw) But 12000 more than Barca got in their league games (26k). I assume he will mention where the fxxk have the extra 50000 gone from that club now his love child has left the club to go to PSG?
I thought Garcia played the other night for Barca.

Numbers in stadiums still restricted in Spain due to covid

It was snide.

He didn't have the courage to say directly that he was disappointed with last night's attendance so he 'invites' us to show up on Saturday.

Full house Saturday irrespective of anything he has to say.

He has the power to address some of the problems created by his Barca buddies internally.

In public he should defend the club at all times and defending the club includes not giving the media sticks to beat us with.
I agree with this. I usually give Pep the benefit of the doubt because of language barriers etc but I did feel it was a snide comment. He seems to be out of touch with what is happening in the non-football side of the club. Is he unaware of the huge ticketing problems which must have dissuaded thousands of fans or the chronic traffic and transport issues in Manchester? To be honest I have found his public appearances increasingly strange since the run-up to the Champions League Final. It is never wise to slag off your customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.