Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

It’s
plenty of them on here if you wanted to ask them.

What would you like the club to do?
obviously a problem if the most important person in the club feels the need to point it out in a post match interview that wasnt pressing the issue

the club should address it directly with the fans , start engaging with them instead of the manager calling them out

can someone who is on city matters disclose what is the clubs stance on poor atmosphere and early leavers

what do the players think about it?

what is the club doing about empty seats other than making the fans jump through hoops to transfer / sell their tickets

Fucking hell I’ve got an old work acquaintance on my timeline now having digs at City’s attendance.

He’s a lovely bloke but quite a nerdy type with very little interest in football.

This ‘empty seats’ narrative has become a very widespread thing.

maybe people couldn’t afford to go last night , family’s getting new school clothing, kids back at school , food shopping gone sky high , price of holidays sky high the worry of catching covid

maybe the club should do a group stage package to sell the games out

Do we have a picture of the crowd? I saw one on a different forum and wasn't sure if it was legit. Stadium looked basically full in it. Was it more a case of a weak atmosphere due to the late-night game a lot of corporate presence? Were a lot of people leaving early? Baffled by Pep here tbh

Totally wank comment. How many of those other clubs games have you been to ? None I’m guessing. Atmosphere at rags and dippers games is shite 9 times out of 10 and I’m not sure Celtic park or Ibrox are absolutely bouncing when they’re battering semi pro level teams week after week.

Really poor from you as a City fan to just regurgitate shite you’ve read on social media as if it were true.

As a Supporter of a semi pro level scottish team I concur

Given how sensitive Pep/the board have been to how City are percieved in the media, comments like this are just so brain dead. Just more ammunition for the vultures.

We are meant to be this 'slick' machine ran by astute football & business men, but the PR at times is just complete amateur hour and so much of it is the clubs own doing. A great opening win, playing some entertaining football with our new star man delivering his best game so far and all people are doing is laughing at little old City because of a misguided comment from our own manager (not his first either).

I don't really care much for what others think of us as at the end of the day i'm just here to watch some footy, but it's clear that Pep/Soriano/Khaldoon etc do based on what what has been said in the media in the past.

Day by day I find myself feeling more disconnected as a result of the Corporate nature of how we're run and my personal opinion is that we need a bit of a refresh at board level when the Pep era comes to a close. New ideas to inject some more passion back into it as it's all becoming a bit sterile and stuff like this just further builds into that disconnect.

Last edited:
Maybe he's seen his team play a hard European game and thought they looked leggy.
Maybe he thought he'd put out a battle cry to rally everybody to get 3 points before a hard run of games.
Maybe because he's not fluent in English he's botched it.
Maybe give him the benefit of the doubt?
We looked leggy? We had almost a new team out last night, come on.

Pep's post match interview was a strange one and clearly planned, which makes it even stranger.

The upshot is that you can be the greatest manager the world has ever seen and a tone deaf bellend at the same time. Who knew?

Actually we should all know because he’s got previous. Always referring to the rags ‘history’ when comparing them to us. Not just the rags actually, he did the same with Villa, Everton and others. All of it nothing but ammunition to our enemies.

Tone. Deaf.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.