Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our crowd was a full 1000 less than Peps beloved Barca against Bayern (a much bigger draw) But 12000 more than Barca got in their league games (26k). I assume he will mention where the fxxk have the extra 50000 gone from that club now his love child has left the club to go to PSG?
Yeh can't remember any specific examples of him antagonising a 'response' from the Catalonians over attendance whilst he was in charge at the Nou Camp (stand to be corrected as usual)..............

I notice some posts dispute attendance figures as being low.
Remember Maine Road where 30k stated equated to about 45k actual. Those were the days of cash turnstiles with corresponding cash deficit.
Nowadays we are accused of if anything inflating our attendance figures via owner donations to cheat on FFP.

Rest assured I am not at all worried by media homing in on this especially after a defeat for United in Europe.

Yeh can't remember any specific examples of him antagonising a 'response' from the Catalonians over attendance whilst he was in charge at the Nou Camp (stand to be corrected as usual)..............
Sorry, but tis comparison is silly. Barcelona fans own the club and Barcelona represents far more than football to people of Catalonia. So, no Barca manager is going to criticise the fans.....ever!

Our crowd was a full 1000 less than Peps beloved Barca against Bayern (a much bigger draw) But 12000 more than Barca got in their league games (26k). I assume he will mention where the fxxk have the extra 50000 gone from that club now his love child has left the club to go to PSG?
Sniff *ucking Sniff

calling for more fans
Man City v Southampton (Sat, 15:00 BST)

Manchester City

Speaking of the defencing champions, here's Pep Guardiola, and the Manchester City boss is immediately asked about the response of Kevin Parker, general secretary of City's official supporters' club, to Guardiola's call for more fans to turn up on Saturday.

"I am not going to apologise for what I said," said Guardiola. "It's not the first time I've said it in my career, I said it at Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

"When we play a tough game, like RB Leipzig was, and play three games [soon] after, I know how difficult it is, to ask for us all to do it again on Saturday. What I said was we need the support, it doesn't matter how many people come, but I invite them to come and enjoy the game because we need the support.

"I am entirely grateful for the support that we had against Leipzig. I always say if guys want to come we will be incredibly grateful because I know how difficult the game will be and I know we need our people. I never sit here and ask why people don't come. If you don't come then don't. I will not apologise to him [Kevin Parker]."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.