Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing with a new manager after Pep is we now have an identity as a club.
by the way we play on the pitch the possession based style with passing out from the back and fullback that come inside. which is what we have become known for.

Now with a new manager does the club keep that style of play by getting a manager that plays that way, or do they rip it up and get a manager with a completely different type of style. When the time comes when Pep leaves it’s going to be a incredible difficult situation.

by the way we play on the pitch the possession based style with passing out from the back and fullback that come inside. which is what we have become known for.

Now with a new manager does the club keep that style of play by getting a manager that plays that way, or do they rip it up and get a manager with a completely different type of style. When the time comes when Pep leaves it’s going to be a incredible difficult situation.

Good question, if you look at Bayern Munich they’ve evolved away from Pep style technical players to more physical athletes instead. Literally everything from 2012 onwards in planning and recruitment on the playing side of things had been laid in place to maximise Guardiola being at the helm. How long Txiki stays for after Pep leaving will be interesting to see what happens.

Well I hope we keep the identity, I presume and hope that that’s the general consensus.

Well I hope we keep the identity, I presume and hope that that’s the general consensus.
Spot on. And next time we don’t wheel out a fukinscouse woman to welcome the new manager in fact no one actually gets us. Our DNA is preserved in Buzzer Skip Tommy Booth and a few others only Zabba and maybe Vinny will prove to be loyal to the cause. So for me it’s Vinny n Zabba coz maybe another generation when other lads have come to take our. …….

Would like him to stay I think but I feel he is looking to get out, if so I’d say thank you for everything and get a new manager in. Who there’s not much out there other than Conti
Lol how have you come to this conclusion. Is he trying to get himself sacked or what.

I think when Pep does leave, my personal opinion is that we need a refresh - and that includes some of the board members.

I’d like us to take a new strategy that involves utilising the abundance of local academy talent that we have right in front of us, in conjunction with the pre-established world class stars we already have in our ranks.

I’d genuinely take a couple of seasons of ‘underperformance’ if it means seeing the likes of Foden, Palmer, McAtee, Harwood-Bellis etc firmly integrated into the team.

Things have gone a bit stale in my view and I find myself getting more disassociated with the club season on season. I’ll obviously always be supporting City come rain or shine, but seeing local lads line up for City week in week will inject so much identity back into the club in my opinion. Seeing Foden develop into this world class star has been one of the biggest positives for me in the past couple of seasons, not spanking dross in the league cup.

I’m personally finding the pursuit of having 20 £50-100m players in the squad quite tedious and also, completely unnecessary at times.

I’m not saying we should stop making big signings, merely saying that we need to find a balance, rather than always chucking more money at the problem, and look at our own in addition to chasing world class talent.

When Pep does leave (and that’s something in no way am I advocating for, but it feels inevitable), I’d like to see Tkixi go with him and Soriano shift into a wider CFG role, with someone stepping in to solely look after City in a CEO capacity. I don’t want our CEO more bothered about opening the 20th club associated with our owner in the arse end of nowhere, I want them completely focused on City.

Change and fresh ideas are healthy and I feel Pep leaving would be the right time for a re-think in strategy. And I feel that time is quite imminent.

Last edited:
I think when Pep does leave, my personal opinion is that we need a refresh - and that includes some of the board members.

I’d like us to take a new strategy that involves utilising the abundance of local academy talent that we have right in front of us, in conjunction with the pre-established world class stars we already have in our ranks.

I’d genuinely take a couple of seasons of ‘underperformance’ if it means seeing the likes of Foden, Palmer, McAtee, Harwood-Bellis etc firmly integrated into the team.

Things have gone a bit stale in my view and I find myself getting more disassociated with the club season on season. I’ll obviously always be supporting City come rain or shine, but seeing local lads line up for City week in week will inject so much identity back into the club in my opinion. Seeing Foden develop into this world class star has been one of the biggest positives for me in the past couple of seasons, not spanking dross in the league cup.

I’m personally finding the pursuit of having 20 £50-100m players in the squad quite tedious and also, completely unnecessary at times.

I’m not saying we should stop making big signings, merely saying that we need to find a balance, rather than always chucking more money at the problem, and look at our own in addition to chasing world class talent.

When Pep does leave (and that’s something in no way am I advocating for, but it feels inevitable), I’d like to see Tkixi go with him and Soriano shift into a wider CFG role, with someone stepping in to solely look after City in a CEO capacity. Change and fresh ideas are healthy and I feel Pep leaving would be the right time for a re-think in strategy.
summed up how i feel ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.