Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think when Pep does leave, my personal opinion is that we need a refresh - and that includes some of the board members.

I’d like us to take a new strategy that involves utilising the abundance of local academy talent that we have right in front of us, in conjunction with the pre-established world class stars we already have in our ranks.

I’d genuinely take a couple of seasons of ‘underperformance’ if it means seeing the likes of Foden, Palmer, McAtee, Harwood-Bellis etc firmly integrated into the team.

Things have gone a bit stale in my view and I find myself getting more disassociated with the club season on season. I’ll obviously always be supporting City come rain or shine, but seeing local lads line up for City week in week will inject so much identity back into the club in my opinion. Seeing Foden develop into this world class star has been one of the biggest positives for me in the past couple of seasons, not spanking dross in the league cup.

I’m personally finding the pursuit of having 20 £50-100m players in the squad quite tedious and also, completely unnecessary at times.

I’m not saying we should stop making big signings, merely saying that we need to find a balance, rather than always chucking more money at the problem, and look at our own in addition to chasing world class talent.

When Pep does leave (and that’s something in no way am I advocating for, but it feels inevitable), I’d like to see Tkixi go with him and Soriano shift into a wider CFG role, with someone stepping in to solely look after City in a CEO capacity. I don’t want our CEO more bothered about opening the 20th club associated with our owner in the arse end of nowhere, I want them completely focused on City.

Change and fresh ideas are healthy and I feel Pep leaving would be the right time for a re-think in strategy. And I feel that time is quite imminent.
Nonsense and all hypothetical. The reality is we have invested money wisely in the team since the Barca lads and pep arrived thus enabling us to continue to dominate English football.

You advocate ripping it all up in the hope we do what exactly? Win with kids? The only reason Foden was able to develop into the player we see today is down to pep and the clubs approach.

Nit picking at a near faultless approach is outrageous. We could do all you say and win fuck all for the next ten seasons. I would hazard a guess that the approach you crave will not be acceptable at that point.

You do not change a winning formula. Tweak it by all means but ripping it up is nonsensical.

Pep and the Barcelona team have brought us to the top of world football. Anything from here is all downhill.

Nonsense and all hypothetical. The reality is we have invested money wisely in the team since the Barca lads and pep arrived thus enabling us to continue to dominate English football.

You advocate ripping it all up in the hope we do what exactly? Win with kids? The only reason Foden was able to develop into the player we see today is down to pep and the clubs approach.

Nit picking at a near faultless approach is outrageous. We could do all you say and win fuck all for the next ten seasons. I would hazard a guess that the approach you crave will not be acceptable at that point.

You do not change a winning formula. Tweak it by all means but ripping it up is nonsensical.

Pep and the Barcelona team have brought us to the top of world football. Anything from here is all downhill.

Top of English domestic football, which our 2 previous managers did, let’s not pretend we are ruling the roost in European football or world football.

Over praise as a reaction to over negativity is just the same fault.

I have read all the comments..Let me tell you this.. Pep is the greatest manager we have had and are likely to have..any blip is scrutinised to the nth degree..I have had enough of the expectation that we will win every trophy..
Come on.. this site is full of old buggers like me who lived through the shit times who understand..life and footy are cyclical... stop the critcicism, love your club through thick and thin.. Cherish what we have achieved and stop this total nonsense.. We are all City fans and whilst we have a right to criticise, do so with some understanding of what he have achieved over the last 10 years.. Pep or A.nother..we will still be City the best team in the land and all the world.

Top of English domestic football, which our 2 previous managers did, let’s not pretend we are ruling the roost in European football or world football.

Over praise as a reaction to over negativity is just the same fault.
I disagree. Considering where Bobby Manc and Pellers took us with the same investment. Pep has improved us so much that we had to go to court as the cartel clubs in England could not compete on the pitch.

We went from winning the league every few years to total domination. This is why the media and other clubs have tried to destroy us.

It’s no overreaction to appreciate the outstanding work achieved. Looking to change the whole set up because we drew a game of football is idiotic.

Criticism is not warranted and has no substance.

I disagree. Considering where Bobby Manc and Pellers took us with the same investment. Pep has improved us so much that we had to go to court as the cartel clubs in England could not compete on the pitch.

We went from winning the league every few years to total domination. This is why the media and other clubs have tried to destroy us.

It’s no overreaction to appreciate the outstanding work achieved. Looking to change the whole set up because we drew a game of football is idiotic.

Criticism is not warranted and has no substance.

I dismissed your top of world football comment. Your response was to talk about our achievements in English football. If that is the logic you use I prefer to not carry on with the exchange. Hyperbole either way isn't something I wish to waste time on.

Haven’t followed the whole thread but one person whose comes across well when he speaks and who Pep (I think) referred to as the best young English manager - Graham Potter
Potter blew his chances when his team tried to injure out players before last season's CL final and he behaved like a prick on the touchline.

It’s like a circus in here at times. Change the board!?

Use academy player!?

get absolutely fucked.

If the academy players are good enough, then play them. If not, sell them to fund players who are.

it’s a great business strategy that keeps us fresh.

some absolute clown shoes in this forum at times.

couldn’t run a bath never mind a successful club / business

The club will continue with this identity that we have now when Pep leaves. Young kids growing up watching football who don't really follow City will know City as the team with exciting football. Keepers that play out from the back. Full backs that come into midfield. Technically gifted players in all positions.

Pep has done to City what Johan cruyff did at Barcelona we now have an identity on the pitch. Which is being taught at all levels in the academy.

Its a winning identity. Its brought us trophies upon trophies, the next manager that comes in will play the same style or a sort of same style.

Its now the identity of our club. Not many clubs have that. Barca did have it but management being terrible that fell away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.