No buses to Etihad tonight

Bullocks coaches are running a bus service tonight
Any private operator should. Hundreds of fans willing to pay £2 each over a limited time period. I don't understand why Stagecoach aren't doing this. It's guaranteed income.

If you check the Stagecoach website then their normal stopping 216 service runs every ten mins in the evening. For the Leipzig game it was more like 1 bus every 30 mins so I don't know what is going on there.

Direct line distances are: Ashburys is about 0.8 miles, Piccadilly is about 1.2 miles, so it's at least a third closer although not close enough of course. I can't speak for the walking route and station facilities though as never done Ashburys.

I'd love them to re-build Park railway station - closed 1989 - which would be about the same 0.8 mile distance to the north east of the stadium and is on current service routes (eg Southport to Stalybridge). Even rebuilding Miles Platting would be better at 1 mile away than the 1.7 miles to Victoria. I don't think we'll see anything built on the line going down the west of the stadium until after HS2 and all this tram-train testing is complete so another ten years at least.

But talking about buses, I used to see football specials going through Radcliffe to Middlebrook for Bolton games, but I never see anything for City, even though from there the Etihad is closer. I wonder if there'd be demand for such buses (obviously when the driver shortage has gone).
The major issue with Ashburys for people that struggle to walk is that there are about 50 steepish steps to get to the platform.

If you check the Stagecoach website then their normal stopping 216 service runs every ten mins in the evening. For the Leipzig game it was more like 1 bus every 30 mins so I don't know what is going on there.
The buses get stuck in the traffic around the etihad which inevitably disrupts the schedule.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.