Chelsea (A) - Sat 25 Sep 12:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea was to score first and then keep possession. If the aim was midfield solidity he'd have played Rodri or Fernandinho. Instead he shoehorned Sterling in for extra attacking movement to try and open up Chelsea and score early
no that is defending and counter. "The idea was to score first and then keep possession" this is exactly means solidifying the midfield in pep terms. what we should not do against chelsea they are masters at it. I am saying to attack and win 3-2

Last edited:
Probably won't be able to handle it. I think our best chance, only chance perhaps, is to try to outscore them and that won't be easily achieved. We could I suppose set up more defensively with a makeshift back 3 including Ferno with Gundog 9if fit) in front of it and a selection of the attacking midfielders we have further forward. In a sense matching their likely formation. I think we will need a lot a luck together with an off day for the Rent Boys for this not to end badly.
this is embarrassingly defeatist attitude. just because we have one players short means they are superior lol.

this is embarrassingly defeatist attitude. just because we have one players short means they are superior lol.
I admit I am not too optimistic but there are good grounds for this view. We actually appear to have a number of players likely to miss out on Saturday and perhaps the following big games. We have an abundance of attacking midfielders and wingers and perhaps we should just have a go and see what happens. The alternative is to go defensive and not likely to be chosen by the manager given his football DNA. Even with everybody fit and available this would be a big task. Chelsea did not beat us three times last spring by chance or good luck.

5ATB with the injuries. Jesus seems odd but I think he could do a job on someone like Reese James who can hurt us with his pace down the right side.

Ederson
Cancelo Walker Dias Ake Jesus
Foden. Bernardo
Mahrez. KDB Grealish

no that is defending and counter. "The idea was to score first and then keep possession" this is exactly means solidifying the midfield in pep terms. what we should not do against chelsea they are masters at it. I am saying to attack and win 3-2

You haven't watched us or Chelsea play for the last year if you think that's even remotely a good idea. We've conceded one goal in five league games but have failed to score twice, yet you think we're set up to go full Keeganball and win a five goal thriller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.