Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your argument. One of the main reasons for supporting City has always been because we were the anti-establishment club. I have met fans abroad over the years, especially in the USA, who became City fans(before the takeover) because we were not "United or Liverpool." I once bought a City shirt for the son of some friends in Oregon (where soccer/football is huge). This was when we were in the third tier. He wore it all the time and said the other kids at his school were fascinated. It was seen as cool not to support a mainstream club.
It is ironic that even though we are now one of the best clubs in the world we are still essentially outside the establishment. Being part of the establishment is never cool.
Definitely noticed this myself from any non-manc fans I've met who grew up in the 90s/00s. Everyone in school supported united so they choose city to be different - ironically they all now get called glory hunters when they were doing the exact opposite of that lol

“United’s fringe men fail to shine”

BBC describing 75m Sancho !
The Fringe X11 cost an approximate £350 million by my reckoning.
I wonder if that got a mention or maybe even the fact that five of the normal bench (fringe) cost over £40m each ?
Fecking permascum.

Nottingham Live, the online version of the Nottingham Evening Post has a made up story that Pep wants to change the League cup into an U23 tournament thus robbing Forest of revenue.

The "local" paper is owned by the Daily Mail.
I had a look and as per usual the comments are full of idiots who just believe everything they've been spoon fed. When exactly did people stop thinking for themselves? Was it with the onset of social media?

I had a look and as per usual the comments are full of idiots who just believe everything they've been spoon fed. When exactly did people stop thinking for themselves? Was it with the onset of social media?
No, some morons want someone, anyone for that matter, to blame. You can bet their ancestors all gathered round the local ducking stool screaming abuse and laughing at some little old lady as they drowned her in the duck pond.

It has always happened however online discourse forming echo chambers of similar opinions has made it worse. People in the past wouldnt generally form these echo chambers as they didnt form outside certain social groups / events / regions, peoples opinions were generally shaped by the collective human thought which is overall a rational mind.

People would mix and share different opinions in everyday life which would clash and generally the extreme ends of an opinion would get removed by rational thought of the masses and a fairer consensus would form from the group think, with the majority of either extreme being brought into the main consensus (still with bias but with less illogical thought).

However nowadays these more extreme opinions can form bubbles on social media where they can now find other like minded people who can spout anything unchallenged, reinforcing illogical beliefs as they are not being challenged by the rational mind of humanity, these groups can then grow as they become a loud minority in certain areas of the internet/websites.

These echo chambers are inherently less logical so leads to people not thinking for themselves, as to believe certain things you have to ignore the obvious staring you in the face and not challenge/justify your own beliefs, so people in these groups will believe almost anything if it conforms to what the echo chamber wants to believe even if logically it makes no sense.

Has anyone read this quite frankly bizarre article from Jamie Jackson today? I'm not sure if it's meant as satire, or if he's actually just jumped the shark.

He criticises Guardiola for both dropping and then playing Stones, Laporte, Sterling and Bernado.

Criticises Pep for not dropping Laporte for Stones this season, despite Stones not being fit and Laporte not conceding a goal all season.

Claims that Cancelo played his best football from left back last season (he absolutely did not) and criticised Pep for playing Zinchenko in the CL final (despite our far superior record of playing Zinc at left back)

He also called Bernado's inclusion in the CL Final as "bizarre", despite the fact he started pretty much every game of our 14 game winning run up to the final.

You really have to read the full article to believe how misinformed it is. Completely bizarre, to the extent that it almost feels like some kind of post-modern fake news parody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.