Bluemoon Angling Thread

A1 pits stretch.

Can't find my bastard head torch, fucked without it: (
Happened to my last week because my car had been nicked and mine was in it. Ended up supergluing an old one together. You can always get one from a supermarket.

AL Pits is full of big fish and I don't think the Mitten Crabs go that far upstream. It will be busy though so don't be scared to keep driving downsteam. Get a shit load of bait out and keep topping it up. Over two days I can get through 6-7 kilos easy.

Good luck mate and keep us informed. I'd love you to bag a barbel or two. There are lots of pike and zander there too if you want a change: bung a dead roach in the margins at night.

Happened to my last week because my car had been nicked and mine was in it. Ended up supergluing an old one together. You can always get one from a supermarket.

AL Pits is full of big fish and I don't think the Mitten Crabs go that far upstream. It will be busy though so don't be scared to keep driving downsteam. Get a shit load of bait out and keep topping it up. Over two days I can get through 6-7 kilos easy.

Good luck mate and keep us informed. I'd love you to bag a barbel or two. There are lots of pike and zander there too if you want a change: bung a dead roach in the margins at night.
Cheers pal, a barbel would be nice, especially one that's heavier than my humble 10-4oz pb.

I bought a cheap 80 lumens head torch so I'm all set now, hipe i can find my Petzl though because it wasn't cheap. Sorry to hear about your car getting nicked.

Probably got about 5kg of groundbait pellets and boilies, plus a bucket of hemp and a couple of pi ts of maggots as i intend to trot a stick through tomorrow, hopefully catch a few clonking chub n' big roach: )

Cheers pal, a barbel would be nice, especially one that's heavier than my humble 10-4oz pb.

I bought a cheap 80 lumens head torch so I'm all set now, hipe i can find my Petzl though because it wasn't cheap. Sorry to hear about your car getting nicked.

Probably got about 5kg of groundbait pellets and boilies, plus a bucket of hemp and a couple of pi ts of maggots as i intend to trot a stick through tomorrow, hopefully catch a few clonking chub n' big roach: )
Brilliant mate. 10-4 isn't humble either.

Your issue on The Trent of course is actually getting bait down to the bottom because it will be 12 foot deep+ and very powerful. I use a "Spopper", a modified spomb. Without that or a big baitdropper you'll have to get busy with the big feeders.

Really hope you catch. Give us live updates!!!

10 -4 barbel pb? That's more than respectable mate.
They don't come easily, double figure barbel, as all anglers know.

10 -4 barbel pb? That's more than respectable mate.
They don't come easily, double figure barbel, as all anglers know.
Yeah, took me years to get a double.

Having spent a bit of time on the section BMR is fishing right now, I'd say that half the barbel there are doubles so he's probably got the best chance he'll ever have of beating that PB.

Here is my best Barbel from a couple of years ago. The chap that took me out weighed it and said it was 10lb plus but I have wondered ever since wether he was angling for a (bigger) tip. What would my Bluemoon angling buddies say was it’s size?
And yes I know I’m hardly an oil painting. Just concentrate on the fish :-)
1632472727224.jpeg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.