Chelsea (A) | Post-Match Thread

Simple.

Press from the front and stifle the opposition. Only happens when Foden, Jesus, Kev and Bernie play. Add Grealish into that we now have five rabid dogs stopping the opposition even getting in our half. If they do Dias and a born again Laporte certainly know how to defend.
Gives Rodri time to read the game as well, which is when he's at his best.

It wasn't a game that edited well, I suspect! But incredible and fascinating to watch over the full 90.
Best performance against a good team like Chelsea I can remember - simply outstanding. Every one of them put in the maximum effort and a shame we didn't convert one or two of the other chances. Not impressed though with Sterling and Mahrez sloping off down the tunnel at the end instead of applauding us fans.

One tweak I noticed from Pep in terms of pressing is the shape.

Last season (maybe seasons), Pep use to prefer us pressing in a 442. This put a gap between the 2 strikers and 2 midfielders allowing the opposition to play through it quite easily (to my annoyance).

In a simple tweak, I noticed KdB mostly played behind Foden when we pressed, more in a 4231. It seems like an insiginificant change, but now there was no gap, the pressing seemed much better for it.

So looking forward to the week to come, to see if we are capable of maintaining that level of intensity over three tough away matches.
If we are capable, then look out league.
Even more than PSG I want to see us rattle Liverpool.

Can't help but think Chelsea were playing the percentage game today in keeping us at arm's distance so a point a piece would do.
Thankfully they came unstuck but they will be our biggest challengers this season as they have a great team and depth.

after watching Liverpool this season they look vulnerable at the back even with VVD.
We should be looking to leave a marker next week when we play them but history tells us otherwise as we usually shit it at Anfield.

At the moment they are nothing special, if we get a result we could put a huge dent into their challenge for the title psychology wise.

A draw would do me away from home but no matter what we do, we need to leave Anfield having put in a display where they think WTF.

My comment wasn't based on one bad performance. I've always thought that the PL should be our main priority. I've never really cared about the CL, and I believe that the domestic cups should be for developing younger / second string squad players.
Don't get too giddy though. We looked like proper champions today, but the season has a long way to go. I think we'll win it again, but I'd still be very happy with top 4 this season.
Tough day for you today mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.