Foreign owners and the Premier League.

My concern are the rumours of Spurs in "talks" with their American investors, and if a takeover happens should we be worried about the vote each club has in changing rules. Our owners are on a lonely road compared to the Americans involved who all seem to have their own secret meetings and all are included and leading lights within the "hateful eight". As supporters should we be worried that a vote for a closed league could could come up soon and is their anybody outside of the Premier League who could realistically oppose and stop this happening. Just looking for a broad and different peoples views on this.

I wouldn't worry about it.

If I recall, the US have tried for 20 years to change up the way our game is played within their own country from the idea of quartering the matches to make it 'palatable' for their attention deficit audience, widening the goals, different types of points, golden goals and whatever other madness I've missed.

Ultimately, none of it changed the game there, nor will any of any US ownership change anything here cos we're football, not American football.

A program just aired here in Australia on the ABC which is like your BBC mainly about human rights violations by the Abu Dhabi royal family, torture etc.
They questioned whether they are fit to own Melbourne City and Manchester City plus the other clubs within the group.

The UAE, Australia’s largest Middle East trade partner. The UAE, until earlier this month, the largest hotel owner in Australia. 250 Australian companies working in the UAE and the UAE which has almost $12B invested in Australia. The investments in the UK and the US hugely dwarf these numbers and yet football is the problem?
The hypocrisy is breathtaking.

Last edited:
FIFA will get their 2 yearly WC and the PL will vote this stupid idea through.

Kiss goodbye to a home Derby as you know damn well they won't let the scum lose home revenue.
Compared to what they'll get in the Far East say, I think they'll be more than happy. And if this goes ahead then you can bet your bottom dollar that the game will be on PPV to make sure they get what would have been the home crowd.

Reactions: mat
A program just aired here in Australia on the ABC which is like your BBC mainly about human rights violations by the Abu Dhabi royal family, torture etc.
They questioned whether they are fit to own Melbourne City and Manchester City plus the other clubs within the group.

That will be the well known Arab dissident Nicholas Mcgeehan again who was once in the pay of American capital.

US, Britain and Australia and many other nations including the UAE were part of the 'Coalition of of the willing' who invaded Iraq and that was just the latest in a long line of overseas military campaigns. The Middle-east is a cockpit of war, conservative regimes and refugees but only a fool would blame the Arabs for these problems and yet that is precisely what programs like this do.

The UAE is a very divided society. It is built on migrant labour but who built Manchester's canals, and man our textile factories? No doubt there's much wrong in the UAE but until Western human rights campaigners start scrutinising their own states then they cannot be taken seriously.

Is the tv station owned by Murdoch by any chance?

I wonder if the PL will look in the future to do play offs like they do in rugby union, with the final perhaps held at a neutral venue abroad? Personally I don't/wouldn't like it but the PL might think it retains interest until the final day?

The UAE, Australia’s largest Middle East trade partner. The UAE, until earlier this month, the largest hotel owner in Australia. 250 Australian companies working in the UAE and the UAE which has almost $12M invested in Australia. The investments in the UK and the US hugely dwarf these numbers and yet football is the problem?
The hypocrisy is breathtaking.
I'm sorry it's not clear who you are calling hypocritical

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.