Never doubt Pep

What I believe is irrelevant. Winning the Champions league is the only way of cementing that claim.
You could argue until the cows come home about how dominant we are in England but that doesn't make us the best in Europe I'm afraid.
Not true at all. Chelsea 2011/2012 would never be considered best European team.

How can you be the best European team and not be even close to win your domestic league? If Chelsea would have been neck and neck with us in PL, I would agree.

Even more important that winning, is how you win it. None talk about Madrid Chelsea or even Liverpool on the same level as Bayern and Barca, because those two teams dominated. Those teams will go down in history as some of the best ever. If we win UCL, we’ll be up there with Bayern and just below Pep’s Barca.

The beat us in the Champions league final which for as long as I remember, going back to the old European cup days decided Europes top team.
You are correct when the format was straight knockout when forest villa and Liverpool won it,it was champions of their domestic league playing in it only ( bar if you were the holders of course who may have not won their league the following season ) now we have up to 4 teams from certain domestic leagues playing in the European cup ( champions league ) the best team doesn’t always win it nowadays,as it’s been diluted by allowing teams WHO haven’t won their league into the competition,I don’t have a problem with that,but it’s all about money nowadays..

The chumps league is a contrived 'cup' competition and sure it would be nice to win it but I wouldn't lose any sleep if we never won it. Since Pep joined us we have witnessed in the Centurions season the best team this country has seen in 130 years of professional football. Enjoy him while he's here, we're so lucky he decided to come.

Of course we were/are the best team in Europe,only a clusterfuck of a decision from Pep prevented us rightly lifting that trophy a game couple of months back.

When our first choice 11 play at their best,i genuinely don't see another team living with us.

Of course we were/are the best team in Europe,only a clusterfuck of a decision from Pep prevented us rightly lifting that trophy a game couple of months back.

When our first choice 11 play at their best,i genuinely don't see another team living with us.
This is true. Why did he make that decision though when there was no need to change anything? I think it's ego. He had to be seen to change something and get the alcalde if we won. Still wouldn't swap him for anyone though

You are correct when the format was straight knockout when forest villa and Liverpool won it,it was champions of their domestic league playing in it only ( bar if you were the holders of course who may have not won their league the following season ) now we have up to 4 teams from certain domestic leagues playing in the European cup ( champions league ) the best team doesn’t always win it nowadays,as it’s been diluted by allowing teams WHO haven’t won their league into the competition,I don’t have a problem with that,but it’s all about money nowadays..
Completely agree. For me the best team in Europe is the club that wins the CL AND its respective domestic league in the SAME season. So, most seasons we don’t reach a conclusion to this question, we do sometimes find a team that wins the European trophy and gives a close challenge to their league or has won it the season BEFORE and I think they have a claim to the status. However the current format in Europe has distorted things.

Its the only competition that has all the top sides from the European leagues competing in. Back when it was the European cup only the champions of their respective leagues could play in it , are you saying that didn't decide Europes top team either. How would you decide who is Europe's best team then?
There was once a team who won it after failing to win their own league and then going onto fail to qualify for season after. In fact, it was so embarrassing that they had to change the rules the following season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.