The FTSE

Haha bloody hell. I got in after then at 2.60 or something. Sold at about 4 quid after two years.

i bought back in a couple of years ago and topped up when they dipped. I think the average price of my holding is around 2.70 so nicely up right now and the dividends are decent..
I got in at £3.70 when they dropped from £5. Then they dropped another quid! Collected decent dividends since then though.

traditional firms likke hargraves, iii, etc are coming under intense pressure due to mass exodus of clients to crypto firms that pay yields of around 8%.
In the US there is growing consensus that permission to allow etfs involving bitcoin will be granted as early as the new year to try to stem the flow.

If this happens, bitcoin is tipped to hit 100000+

How's he make it work and turned it into what he has? Fair play.
Sorry for the delay

He has effectively created a bot which takes in data feeds from Twitter, Reddit and other social media. When a particular crypto currency hits a certain threshold of mentions he will buy it and then sell when it hits a certain point – the trades tend to take no more than a few days. He did not go into the finer details of the rules he is applying.

As a small Investor my portfolio is just rainy day money but the Evergrande group based in China is in trouble with a 300b debt and they are failing to make payments on borrowing to over 170 Chinese banks. They have a large property and building portfolio, apparently could have world wide implications. Any of our Financial Gurus on here got a take on it?

As a small Investor my portfolio is just rainy day money but the Evergrande group based in China is in trouble with a 300b debt and they are failing to make payments on borrowing to over 170 Chinese banks. They have a large property and building portfolio, apparently could have world wide implications. Any of our Financial Gurus on here got a take on it?
Yes - lots of talk on it in the Banking world. Essentially a big test for the Chinesse financial sector. It will be very interesting to see how it plays out. It could be like a normal default where investors and banks absorb the losses - this could spread with smaller Chinese banks going under and then contagion etc etc... If it is allowed to unwind like this then given the global reliance on China for manufacturing its a big bump in the rd. But I think most expect the government to step in to avoid the nightmare scenario.

Yes - lots of talk on it in the Banking world. Essentially a big test for the Chinesse financial sector. It will be very interesting to see how it plays out. It could be like a normal default where investors and banks absorb the losses - this could spread with smaller Chinese banks going under and then contagion etc etc... If it is allowed to unwind like this then given the global reliance on China for manufacturing its a big bump in the rd. But I think most expect the government to step in to avoid the nightmare scenario.
Cheers, I read the debt is about 20% of China's GDP which is forecast to increase in the next couple of years but then level off. Hopefully it doesn't put too much of a dent in the World Economy and and trigger a huge knock on effect. I doubt many outside China will shed too many tears but that's probably not for this thread.

Cheers, I read the debt is about 20% of China's GDP which is forecast to increase in the next couple of years but then level off. Hopefully it doesn't put too much of a dent in the World Economy and and trigger a huge knock on effect. I doubt many outside China will shed too many tears but that's probably not for this thread.
Some serious questions around how a private firm managed to access over $200bn in debt. It's a test in that China as a communist state hasn't had to deal with many big private sector failures and on top of that has always had a problem with corruption. No doubt there are some difficult conversations going on and that is the risk that someone gets the hump and adopts a burn it all down mentality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.