Tom Ritchie ("City 'til I Cry" fanzine) RIP - Funeral today 14th October

I knew Tom to chat to from seeing him around the country for decades at games and living in the same town. He was @Soulboy on this forum for a while and was funny and knowledgeable. I just did a search on my posts where I’d mentioned his name and there were dozens where we had a laugh and took the piss about shit. But he knew a lot about City. I know it’s not much but I spent ten minutes reading the posts and smiling again and that was my little way of remembering him and his spirit.

Just seen this. Knew Tom reasonably well and before lockdown we shared a really enjoyable away trip to one of our games in the North East. We said we'd do it again but sadly I won't get the chance.

A smashing guy, City to the core and a devoted husband, dad and grandad. Really awful news.
Can’t believe this, dreadful news RIP Tom

Very sad news. Rest in peace Tom. Thoughts with his family and friends.

Really sad. Found out this morning when my mate text me. I met tom through through friend and a load of us used to travel away together years ago and we got a few mentions in the fanzine of our scrapes. Not seen Tom for years though and only just recently got in touch again on Facebook. Really really gutted.

Hope his family can take solace from the many nice comments/memories people have posted on here and elsewhere. The last time I met Tom was at Wembley where he helped me put my flag up on the railings in the League Cup Final v Arsenal. Tom was sat right at the front and it was nice to have a brief chat again with him. Later, via social media, it turned out we both shared a love of flapjacks as well as City but that’s another story. RIP Tom, a truly lovely man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.