Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

SES is pleased to announce its appointment to one of the largest of the ‘Big Nine’ sub-contractor packages on the Co-op Live Arena project in Manchester by BAM Construct UK.

The MEPH contract on one of the largest and most sustainable live entertainment venues in Europe, will see the team install 16 innovative air handling units, as well as over 1000km of cabling linking all systems together and over 2,500 emergency public address, voice alarm and sound system speakers.

View attachment 26835

Its looks like its going to be shite.

Recently attended the Joshua Usyk fight at Spurs & the weigh in at the O2, got to say I was very impressed with both, not a bad seat in either, especially the O2 which is a sort of bowl shape. Concourse & retail offerings where fantastic, the O2 is a proper destination and caters for all sorts, in and around it. I’m hoping this development has the best of both combined regarding facilities etc, The possibilities are endless especially pre & post match and potential beam-backs of big away games, and maybe even high demand home games (if they can squeeze us in to the schedule) hopefully it’s a bit of a joint enterprise to improve the match day experience for everyone & not just separate facility

The combination of events that can be held at the COOP Live Arena are endless.

The facilities pre and post event will be up there with any arena or stadium in the world, if not better.

The COOP Live Arena is on another level. I honestly don't think people are aware of how good this arena will be. And the facilities it will offer to event goers.

There will be no need to rush home or back into town after a concert or event. Just head back to the bars and enjoy the rest of the evening 'inside the arena'.

Hotel accommodation adjacent to the arena will be needed. And must surely for part of any proposal for the Collar site and wider Etihad Campus in the future?

Last edited:
It isn't mate.

Go to the next Open Doors Construction site event in the future. You'll learn a lot more about the arena. And you'll appreciate what a fantastic arena it is, and will be for Manchester.
What will undoubtedly be very poor is the transport situation. A complete lack of foresight and investment in public transport combined with even less car parking will make getting to and from the Arena and the Etihad when matches and events are running simultaneously a complete nightmare.

Its looks like its going to be shite.

Hoping that's tongue-in-cheek! It looks class!!! Will be incredible. Purpose-built. It will be what our stadium should have been and what our owners would prefer undoubtedly but for cost and logistical issues. 32 bars and restaurants. Architecturally it looks fantastic as well.

Went to the Construction Open Doors event on Friday.

A big thanks to BAM and Mike McCarthy for the presentation.

Stand corrected on some of these snippets that I remember. Didn't bring a pen and paper to write everything down. Arrrgh!

As per in the newsletter, there will be 7 lift and escalator cores. Core 1 is the large core in the NW corner of the site. Core 6 is the core under construction near the canal . The other 5 cores are spread out across the site.

There is going to be 1 static crane in the middle of the site.

The steel will be going up clockwise or anti-clockwise(?). Starting at core one, and going to the next core. The steel won't be erected in a scattergun approach.

The roof trusses will be manufactured off site, and put together onsite. They are 100 metres wide. They will be put into place by 4 of the biggest mobile/crawler cranes in the construction industry.

If I can remember anything else I will add it later on.

Sunday.

FA1-DB579-4-B3-D-4926-B087-FFCE05-B964-F1-1-201-a.jpg

F83-F8134-097-E-472-C-9-DE3-9-CED711-C3757-1-201-a.jpg

33-E3-CE34-CF60-4413-946-E-573-ACAC5-CCC9-1-201-a.jpg

85-DD9-D2-C-0-AC1-42-EB-8-F41-52306-FE3-E323-1-201-a.jpg

B9752-E3-C-163-B-4-EEA-A4-AD-CC87598-BEC81-1-201-a.jpg

C0-D57-A7-C-CF13-4136-881-B-307-AB02-CD582-1-201-a.jpg

DE6-B4058-7-EC6-4377-9-E31-6-AE7-D0-EB1-ED1-1-201-a.jpg

Last edited:
The combination of events that can be held at the COOP Live Arena are endless.

The facilities pre and post event will be up there with any arena or stadium in the world, if not better.

The COOP Live Arena is on another level. I honestly don't think people are aware of how good this arena will be. And the facilities it will offer to event goers.

There will be no need to rush home or back into town after a concert or event. Just head back to the bars and enjoy the rest of the evening 'inside the arena'.

Hotel accommodation adjacent to the arena by will needed. And must surely for part of any proposal for the Collar site and wider Etihad Campus in the future?

It might be the best thing since sliced bread, but unless they sort out Transport and in particular the awful Metrolink why would anyone risk being stranded near the Etihad at that time of night.

It wasn't that long ago that the Met closed at 10.30 on a Sunday ffs. I remember me and 20,000 people all leaving the MEN arena after ELO one year and discovering no trams. 24hr city ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.